£35m for Andy Carroll

2 for the price of 1 the one being world class in the recent past if injury prone. One unproven south american from a pub league were recent forwards have struggled big time in the prem. The other geordie piss head with 6 months experience in the prem. Not an international never played in Europe. Then there are the wages of the 2 players on Huge fees to consider over 5 and a half years if and when it doesn't work out.

Hmmmm I know what I would rather have.............

If he doesn't sort his lifestyle off the field he will go down as just another wasted may have been.

Surprised Liverpool think they can change his ways unless they have really done their homework on the player and his support network.

You can be sure if Torres didn't leave they would not have gone for him so again it smells of the current owners wanting "success" quickly which just ain't going to happen.

Liverpool supporters now know even they didn't before that loyalty means nothing to players in the current setup particularly amongst those who clubs are prepared to pay ridiculous sums of money for and they are just after what they can get for as long as they stay flavour of the month.

If they said to Torres you have to play with us on a reduction of 50 per cent of your current wages at Liverpool no doubt he would still be at Liverpool playing for a club he longer has any desire to represent.

We ruin football yet liverpool praised for their bold and incisive move in the market.

Also sky going on about the amazing backing from liverpool new owners. Hang on a minute they just got 50 million cash for torres and 7 million for babel. 24 million on Suarez 35 million on torres that 59 spent 57 in. Wow 2 million net spend plus another 10 million down the line based on success. What backing they have shown.

So currently the have replaced a world cup winner injury prone but one of the best forwards in the world over the least seasons and babel a full Dutch international still young huge promise always played out of position. With an England under 21 with half a decent prem season and an average championship season. Plus a dirty cheating south American a track record of not traveling well and forwards from that league with that sort of record struggling badly in the prem. For a net spend of 2 million. Wow I am impressed and terrified at the same time.

It's a gamble. But if you look at it as swapping Torres for Carroll and Suarez, plus change, given Torres' form and attitude it's a gamble that Liverpool were obviously prepared to take. The main issue for me is buying a player taht is out injured for around a month - not too clever their dippers.

The second half of the season will be interesting, Torres at Chelsea means more likely Chelsea will take more points off the rags in their games against them. Either that or he will be labelled as the worst piece of business this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.