£40m bid for Mario?

zeven said:
baildon blue said:
Marvin said:
Following Mancini's comments

various reports, probably made up mind, that PSG offered £40m for him.

Would you have sold him? I think I'd have been tempted because Aguero and Tevez are the No.1 partnership, and £40 m could have bought us Thiago Silva, or helped us push through deal for Agger. Said tempted, not saying I would have done it.
yes i agree i would have sold mario 4 that money
And what would you do with the money? buy RVP/Cavani? (makes no sense) use it to make Flatani happy? use them on Sinclair and Rodwell maybe? use them to subsidise more players to spurs?
Exactly, his worth will only get higher, better having a great player than money shaving off the loss. Who cares about FFP anyway as a fan. PSG clearly don't.

BlueGun said:
I like Mario, but he'll never be 2 times the players RVP or Cavani are let alone 10 times. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And just what did cavani and rvp do by the time they were 21 ??

As a quick comparison of Cavani, Van Pesie and Balotelli, of the season they had when they were 20 respectively.

Cavani at Palermo 33 appearances 5 goals.
Van Persie 26 Aresenal Appearances 5 goals.
Balotelli 23 appearances 13 goals.

So at this stage of his career he is well ahead of both of them - at the same age. Yet people want us to sell a player who for all intensive purposes, has so much room for development. Could easily be worth 80 million in 2-3 years, FFS people use your brains a little bit.

For those saying his stock will rise and so will his transfer fee I would disagree. IMO over the next five years, wages of players will come down, transfer fees will come down for the majority enabling the elite to cherry pick thus preserving their status. For those top players already at elite clubs players will only move because they want to and will be prepared to be paid less. I know it sounds daft but that is what will happen when FFPR (these rules have nothing to do with level playing fields) comes in properly. If we wanted to cash in so to speak, now would have been the time to do it.

From a business point of view I would have sold him, unfortunately as I have said many times Balotelli's future will go hand in hand with Mancinis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.