£48

paulchapo said:
How arrogant and selfish.Supported the club for years?Paid out thousands when we were shit?

Now we have a half decent team and may be challenging for honours we are going to have to double ticket prices.Can't afford it?Sorry,you can always watch on sky,go to the pub,listen on the radio.Our new attractive team will find a more affluent fan to take your seat.Sorry old chap,that is life in 2012 Britain!

Sometimes i am ashamed of certain City fans.

great post, sick of all the people saying well its the price you have to pay, what a load of bullshit, what if tickets go to 100 pound- well I guess its the price we have to pay lets just accept it ?

Btw I bet most people who are saying this are the ones who can quite easily afford it and not really feeling the pinch ??

£48 to watch us potentially wn the league?

even if we can't win it, it's still our most successful league finish for decades.

what the fuck are you moaning at?

I too paid £48 for a ticket. I wouldn't normally pay this but becuase there's still that slight chance we could win the league I'm prepared to pay it.

I'd rather pay £48 with the chance of winning the league than £25 and watch us finish mid table with nothing to play for.

I can't really afford it, so much so that I'm moving to a smaller place (I rent) so I have more money next season to hopefully buy a season ticket.

Our owners have given us so much but I do worry about prices rising. They don't need the extra money which makes me think they're worried about the FFP rules. Such a shame but inevitable I'm afraid.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
SWSB said:
I'm lucky in that I can afford £550 for a S/T.Less than £30 a game.£48 for a game v QPR is a joke,whether we are going for the title or not.What happens if we have no chance of winning the league? I put on here do fans get a refund? Maybe brought up on Points of Blue meeting? As for the club thinking this is the way forward with prices,I dont think we have fans who will replace fans who have extra disposable income.

I dont think the club want to force the real fans out and thats why they keep season tickets low. I think they are trying to take advantage of the tourists and day trippers that now frequent matches. £48 is alot but most people paying that price will only be seeing a few matches a year, and works out cheaper than a season ticket

Seasoncards are only the price they are because they know Fans won't pay it unless they're affordable. I had many friends back home who'd share Seasoncards with their Brother / best Mate because they couldn't finance it on their own.

peoffrey said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
SWSB said:
I'm lucky in that I can afford £550 for a S/T.Less than £30 a game.£48 for a game v QPR is a joke,whether we are going for the title or not.What happens if we have no chance of winning the league? I put on here do fans get a refund? Maybe brought up on Points of Blue meeting? As for the club thinking this is the way forward with prices,I dont think we have fans who will replace fans who have extra disposable income.

I dont think the club want to force the real fans out and thats why they keep season tickets low. I think they are trying to take advantage of the tourists and day trippers that now frequent matches. £48 is alot but most people paying that price will only be seeing a few matches a year, and works out cheaper than a season ticket

Seasoncards are only the price they are because they know Fans won't pay it unless they're affordable. I had many friends back home who'd share Seasoncards with their Brother / best Mate because they couldn't finance it on their own.

Yes but thats what i am getting at, they set the seasoncard at a price to not price out the loyal fans that have been through it all. Obviously i know what wages are like in Manchester and that some people will miss out but that's hardly something new (again im not saying its right). All i was saying is that i think one off tickets are more because we get more daytrippers now and the club want to take advantage of it

BoyBlue_1985 said:
peoffrey said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yes but thats what i am getting at, they set the seasoncard at a price to not price out the loyal fans that have been through it all. Obviously i know what wages are like in Manchester and that some people will miss out but that's hardly something new (again im not saying its right). All i was saying is that i think one off tickets are more because we get more daytrippers now and the club want to take advantage of it

There probably are a few day trippers but let's not forget that a lot of genuine fans can't afford to stump up £500 for a season ticket so will go to matches as and when they have the money. These people are being shafted too. Also, away fans that come to our place are being shafted. So what? You might say but away fans are the lifeblood of football and some of the followings at the Etihad have been apalling this season. I'd much rather see decent followings as it adds to the atmosphere.

The attitude of some people staggers me. £500 or so spread over a year isn't that much for a ST. I have read a lot of posters in threads, about saving up all year for their ST. If you want to be there, you'll get there somehow. Peoffrey's post about 'sharing' ST's is also a great example.

A question to all those whingers.

If the sheikh left, we appointed dave jones and our strike force was ched evans and caicedo, but it was a tanner to get in, would you be satisfied?

"A question to all those whingers.

If the sheikh left, we appointed dave jones and our strike force was ched evans and caicedo, but it was a tanner to get in, would you be satisfied?"

That is not the discussion.

The discussion is taking the QPR game in isolation is it worth paying £48 for a Ticket?

Scenario A City win every game up to the QPR game and the game is a potential Title decider.
Then Yes of course it is as a one off game (like going to Wembly - you pay what it costs)

Scenario B The Derby ends in a draw and City lose at Newcastle.

Then it's a meaningless end of season game as City finish second regardless of the result.

Someone earlier in the Thread posted

GStar said:
It's been getting this way over the past 2-3 years, but fortunately I haven't really noticed it due to the ST.

I agree though, I think we'll see PL attendances dropping - we've certainly had much less away fans at the Etihad this season.

Constant poor refereeing, high ticket prices and less disposable income... The bubble could burst soon.

I think in this instance that City's Marketing Department have played a Blinder by upping the Catorgory to A (according to a previous Thread about Hospitality it was origionally a Cat B game).

glen quagmire said:
The attitude of some people staggers me. £500 or so spread over a year isn't that much for a ST. I have read a lot of posters in threads, about saving up all year for their ST. If you want to be there, you'll get there somehow. Peoffrey's post about 'sharing' ST's is also a great example.

A question to all those whingers.

If the sheikh left, we appointed dave jones and our strike force was ched evans and caicedo, but it was a tanner to get in, would you be satisfied?

I'm delighted that you finally agree with something I've said but am disappointed you used the same post to make a negative comment about Big Phil. Handy player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.