£5.25 Aldi wine as good as £3,000 bottle.

A friend of mine is master of wine of 20 years. You'd expect it all to be really pretentious but its genuinely interesting, can guarantee at least 5 bottles of wine get brought out when you go round to his too, always a good time.
For his daughters 18th he brought out a Bordeaux he bought back in 2009 for about £900, honestly the best thing I have ever tasted

A friend of mine is master of wine of 20 years. You'd expect it all to be really pretentious but its genuinely interesting, can guarantee at least 5 bottles of wine get brought out when you go round to his too, always a good time.
For his daughters 18th he brought out a Bordeaux he bought back in 2009 for about £900, honestly the best thing I have ever tasted
Posh ****

Poor girl, it’s all downhill from there!

There’s a bottle of Rioja that Aldi do around the £4.90 mark. It’s a lovely drop.

I bet that £61m lotto winning couple will be buying £3k bottles just for a laugh now.

I've some friends who are into investing in high end wine. I've tried a few reds that would cost thousands per bottle.

There is a certain taste and look to well aged red. It has a rusty colour with a deep but smooth taste.

But is it worth it. 100% no.

Was in the hipster wine shop in Chorlton a few weeks back, (Barlow Moor Rd opp Beech Rd), was reluctant to pay the prices and tbh got lost in the choice, so asked what the cheapest they had was. Got two bottles at £8 each, one Portuguese, one Italian (the "house") and they were both notably superior to my usual Lidl/Aldi or supermarket buys. Got a free taste of something during my visit too. Sorry but can't recall the names but would definitely recommend for a few extra quid if you can bear the faintly over enthusiastic nature of the staff/experience.

I have never had an expensive bottle of wine and probably couldn't tell the difference between an expensive one and a cheap one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.