£56 for home games

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Come in Peoffrey,Fathelens etc...Please explain why this game has sold out when apparently it is way to pricey to support the club
It's not a matter of it selling out; that was never in doubt. It's a matter of who it has sold out to. The whole argument behind this thread was concerns about our traditional supporter base being squeezed out, and as a number of people have openly stated on here that they simply can't afford £56 anymore, that is clearly already the case. Yes, they have been quickly replaced, but the point was that they didn't need to be.

There wasn't much chance for these alleged tarquins/tourists to buy tickets though, they only went on general sale (online only) yesterday and were supposed to go on general sale (all outlets) tomorrow but never made it that far. Once again, proof we need a stadium expansion as they sold like hotcakes even at inflated prices.

peoffrey said:
Is that first part of your reply available in English? I've read it three times and it's appauling language for a nouveau riche man like you.

As one of the the offspring of the nouveau riche I couldn't pass up the opportunity to highlight your delicious spelling in this post, which in the context of the rest of the sentence dilutes somewhat the impact of your clumsy attempt to use this term in a pejorative sense.

fathellensbellend said:
Come in Peoffrey,Fathelens etc...Please explain why this game has sold out when apparently it is way to pricey to support the club

cannot remember ever saying it wouldnt sell out, 36000 season tickets 2800 away fans, a number of hospitality packages, probably only 5/6000 tickets to sell, i think you have missed the point of the whole thread, to your mind it's a bit like saying if we had a capacity of 1, and the ticket is a million pound, and it sold out, so it's justified.

anyhow don't ask me, i have a season ticket, ask the people who cannot afford to work 3 days to take their family to one game of football, i am sure you will feel extremely proud of yourself.

proud of what? I have a season ticket also. Fuck all to do with me if people can afford it or not. It is to do with disposable income and if a family/individual can afford it. I bet QPR will not be priced as high and will sell out just as quickly.
And I haven't missed the point. You clearly have-You said people will vote with their feet. Well quite clearly they haven't and I dont think they will should the matchday tickets increase to 70-75 pounds.
Oh and you still want multi multi million pound signings.?

Does it piss you off or something that some families/individuals are better off than yourself? It doesn't me. It's life and life is shite at times and tough decisions have to be made. Call it an "I'm alright Jack attitude" which it isn't but that is life. In fact it is fuck all to do with football pricing.

fathellensbellend said:

cannot remember ever saying it wouldnt sell out, 36000 season tickets 2800 away fans, a number of hospitality packages, probably only 5/6000 tickets to sell, i think you have missed the point of the whole thread, to your mind it's a bit like saying if we had a capacity of 1, and the ticket is a million pound, and it sold out, so it's justified.

anyhow don't ask me, i have a season ticket, ask the people who cannot afford to work 3 days to take their family to one game of football, i am sure you will feel extremely proud of yourself.

proud of what? I have a season ticket also. Fuck all to do with me if people can afford it or not. It is to do with disposable income and if a family/individual can afford it. I bet QPR will not be priced as high and will sell out just as quickly.
And I haven't missed the point. You clearly have-You said people will vote with their feet. Well quite clearly they haven't and I dont think they will should the matchday tickets increase to 70-75 pounds.

Does it piss you off or something that some families/individuals are better off than yourself? It doesn't me. It's life and life is shite at times and tough decisions have to be made. Call it an "I'm alright Jack attitude" which it isn't but that is life. In fact it is fuck all to do with football pricing.

again you are jumping to the conclusion i want multi million pound signings, where did i say that?, no, i am showing some empathy for the fans who can no longer attend, trawl through the website and you will see a good number who have been priced out.

whats the use in being a supporter of something you cannot attend, i would say it is a very hollow experience.

just as a comparison, arsenal who have hiked the category a prices for this season to 62 pounds, recognising supply and demand, have also lauched an initiative for their poorer supporters where they can see category c games for 25.50, starting with their game against sunderland on the opening day of the season.

we could argue all night, which is pointless, so what are the alternatives, well the only one is a bigger stadium, with far bigger corporate options, and more price brackets available tailored to suit ALL fans.

as far as i aware, we could build a bigger stadium and it wouldnt effect financial fair play, it just boils down to whether we can upgrade the etihad, or build a super stadium, which i think would be fantastic, or failing all that, maybe england could fall in line with europe and have safe standing which would increase capacity and kill two birds with one stone

fathellensbellend said:
fathellensbellend said:

again you are jumping to the conclusion i want multi million pound signings, where did i say that?, no, i am showing some empathy for the fans who can no longer attend, trawl through the website and you will see a good number who have been priced out.

whats the use in being a supporter of something you cannot attend, i would say it is a very hollow experience.

just as a comparison, arsenal who have hiked the category a prices for this season to 62 pounds, recognising supply and demand, have also lauched an initiative for their poorer supporters where they can see category c games for 25.50, starting with their game against sunderland on the opening day of the season.

we could argue all night, which is pointless, so what are the alternatives, well the only one is a bigger stadium, with far bigger corporate options, and more price brackets available tailored to suit ALL fans.

as far as i aware, we could build a bigger stadium and it wouldnt effect financial fair play, it just boils down to whether we can upgrade the etihad, or build a super stadium, which i think would be fantastic, or failing all that, maybe england could fall in line with europe and have safe standing which would increase capacity and kill two birds with one stone

is it possible for us to expand the stadium? i never want to leave the area its at. i love the surroundings everything! also im from aberdeen and pay anywhere between 150-250 a game when i go down! i would love to pay only like £60 a game. i know some fans obviously have homes/mortgages to pay and cannot afford such luxurys. so im not trying to say they shouldnt be moaning about the prices!

peoffrey said:

It's too pricey for a significant percentage of our traditional support and fanbase. What we now will do is attract glory hunters, tourists, randoms and people simply there to watch the Premiership Champions. Fortunately I'm a Seasoncard holder and will be around genuine Blues who know and love the Club like no other.
It's too pricey for many but then again it was only for level 2 in the posh seats was it not?

The working classes coal miners will probably want to be in the south stand or kippax corner anyway.

fathellensbellend said:
fathellensbellend said:

Yes a new stadium with cheaper ticketing would be the ideal scenario-but really-It just isn't going to happen - Expansion of the current facilities I believe is what is going to happen. This thread could go on forever without agreement but what I will say is that I have empathy with fans who have been priced out however this is because their disposable income-ie what is left after all your outgoings-is not enough to be able to afford the match-day experience. What's the answer? Larger stadia? Maybe but is our support big enough to justify what an 80-90k seater stadium.? Years and years of winning things will only bring this into the equation.
My choice is to find the extra cash for the increase in my season ticket. But I would never be jealous or angry at someone because that person can afford something that I cannot. As I said,is that not just life?

jimharri said:
Hence the rules (wrong word, but the right one won't come to me) of ''market forces'' and ''supply and demand'' come into play. Lots of blues want to see the game, there is only a limited supply of available tickets. Therefore, the game sells out.
Those aren't the rules of supply and demand.

The rules are:

Limited supply + increased demand = increase in cost

Which looks to be what has happened.

SWP's back said:
peoffrey said:

It's too pricey for a significant percentage of our traditional support and fanbase. What we now will do is attract glory hunters, tourists, randoms and people simply there to watch the Premiership Champions. Fortunately I'm a Seasoncard holder and will be around genuine Blues who know and love the Club like no other.
It's too pricey for many but then again it was only for level 2 in the posh seats was it not?

The working classes coal miners will probably want to be in the south stand or kippax corner anyway.

That's definitely true as that where my dad always want to sit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.