£62 was it worth it?

Caveman said:
You're missing the point. By going you've told Arsenal and everyone else that it's alright to be charged that much for a footy match. Next year £67, the year after £75...

Oh for goodness sake, we made a protest, hopefully the banner and the placard were seen on TV, some Blues who don't often get a chance to go to away matches got the chance, those who wanted to have a boycott had a boycott. I don't remember telling you how to spend your money so please don't tell me!!

I've just seen a post on here about Peter Scudamore agreeing with us so the top brass are at least noticing, maybe not listening yet but they will.

~Sixty two pound and we're still here, sixty two pound and we're still here~

Well sung lads and lassies.

mrjxf14 said:
should of boycotted it,them cockneys can shove the 62 notes up their conning arses.........anything over 50 notes from now on...dont go...infact anything over 40 quid for me.................fuck em off....had enough.........

Not going to many games this season then mate? - all jokes aside i agree with you, im getting sick and tired of the ever increasing ticket prices!

Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:
You're missing the point. By going you've told Arsenal and everyone else that it's alright to be charged that much for a footy match. Next year £67, the year after £75...

Oh for goodness sake, we made a protest, hopefully the banner and the placard were seen on TV, some Blues who don't often get a chance to go to away matches got the chance, those who wanted to have a boycott had a boycott. I don't remember telling you how to spend your money so please don't tell me!!

I've just seen a post on here about Peter Scudamore agreeing with us so the top brass are at least noticing, maybe not listening yet but they will.

You went, paid the money, then protested about it?

That's like buying a pair of shoes, then standing outside the shop with the shoes on and holding a sign up saying the shoes were too expensive.

(The banner and placard weren't seen on tele neither).

Caveman said:
Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:

That's like buying a pair of shoes, then standing outside the shop with the shoes on and holding a sign up saying the shoes were too expensive.

On my train back a woman in a seat nearby had a bit of a gripe about the price of her ticket. Nobody said "Well you should have stayed at home"

Caveman said:
Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:

I personally did not pay £62 and I didn't have the protest banner, I spent my money on going to watch my team. As I have said from the start of these discussions when there is a NATIONAL Boycott then I will definitely boycott with everyone else. But it has happened now, it's over, so I think (IMHO) it is time to put the "you've told Arsenal and everyone else that it's alright to be charged that much for a footy match" to bed now.

We went, we spent our OWN money, we won the match, even Hansen and Schmeichel have praised our team and our fans so job done!! :-)

34qseix.jpg

Pretty much defeats the object.

You've given them no reason whatsoever to reduce their prices, and just encouraged them to keep the prices either the same price, or increase them more.

High five.

Not bitter about the result and it's not good what's happening with the tckt prices especially at Arsenal but your fans are no better or worse than most. I love Arsenal and have and still do travel all over the country and Europe to watch us unlike a lot of fans who have become cyber fans.
Arsenal till I die

dukie said:
Pretty much defeats the object.

You've given them no reason whatsoever to reduce their prices, and just encouraged them to keep the prices either the same price, or increase them more.

High five.

Bollocks. Going to football isn't like making normal choices. You go to support your team (well most do).
I went, paid the money, it's my choice. Doesn't mean I think it's a fair price and doesn't mean we can't still complain. Arsenal don't care whether we went or not, they resell them anyway. In fact most clubs would gladly do away with having away fans altogether, less stewards, police etc

Perhaps you'd prefer the team to have no support in the stadium at all?

Anyway had a great day regardless.

And I've just got home and watched myself on C4 news being interviewed regarding the ticket price issue.

The herd said:
Not bitter about the result and it's not good what's happening with the tckt prices especially at Arsenal but your fans are no better or worse than most. I love Arsenal and have and still do travel all over the country and Europe to watch us unlike a lot of fans who have become cyber fans.
Arsenal till I die
City have charged over £50 for visiting fans this season too. It's not just Arsenal

if football clubs carry on raising ticket prices then cyberspace and tv might be the only way some fans can get to see their clubs. It can't be ignored

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.