£7.50 a gallon

Filled mine up the other day after letting it run really low and it cost £90 :-(

At least I can claim £36 back as I'm self employed :-)

The Pink Panther said:
Filled mine up the other day after letting it run really low and it cost £90 :-(

At least I can claim £36 back as I'm self employed :-)
well arnt you the lucky one

every rise is in effect a pay rise for all those who have the private use of a company vehicle,same with insurance costs,same with vehicle excise duty.Wouldn't happen in europe or the US,neither would diesel cost more,just because they do more to the gallon.'Rip-off Britain' has never more true

I've just recently come back from Germany and the prices there are around 1 euro 46 cent for Euro Super 95.

What gets me is in Germany and Austria the price can go up or down like a yo yo during the day.

You can drive past a petrol station and the price would be 1.46 euros, do your shopping and on the way back an hour later the price then may have gone up to 1.49. then pass it again after 2 hours its gone up again (or down) to 1.51.

Next morning it could be @ 1.45! it realy is like that whereas in the UK if the price goes up it usualy just stays at that price.

I know the German/ Austrian prices go off what the rate is at Rotterdam.

Also the good thing for the normal folk is that if you commute a minimum distance of 14kms to and from your place of work you can claim 0.30 cents per kilometre back off your tax return.

The forecourts only make about a penny or two on petrol the rest they make off the shop inside.

The other thing is it costs less to refine diesel yet it costs more, because people have switched to it they put the prices up, if we all changed to LPG then it would treble over night, the government know most people rely on the need for the car and stuff
us every time, if the price of oil drops can't see it dropping, they will just fleece us the same, the government can control the price by reducing the tax when the price of crude rises, but then again they wouldnt be able to pay all the spongers in this country for their weekly beer and fags.

Dear Stanlow/ Farmers/ HGV drivers etc

Please go out on strike again.

I got rid of my car 4 years ago......... just wasn't using it enough to justify tax, insurance and repairs (nevermind petrol).
So have a bus pass and yes First Bus in north Manchester is a shit service, it gets me to and from work / Asda for shopping way, way more cheaply than the car did.

It pisses me off that this nearly 70% fuel duty is passed off as environmental protection etc. That is lies, its all about taking more money off working people.

Phill said:
I got rid of my car 4 years ago......... just wasn't using it enough to justify tax, insurance and repairs (nevermind petrol).
So have a bus pass and yes First Bus in north Manchester is a shit service, it gets me to and from work / Asda for shopping way, way more cheaply than the car did.

Thats fine for those lucky enough to live on a bus route, and a route that can take you to your work, but many people dont have that luxury, I have been in employment for 24 years now and have never had a job that I could get to by public transport, and now am an essential car user, so I have no choice but to pay what they demand (and as I am employed by the government, I am still getting expences at the same rate as when diesel was 70p a litre).
What a lot seem to forget when talking about the price of petrol or deisel is that EVERYTHING we buy goe sup in price accodingly, ast the lorries that bring our goods from the farm to the warehouse and on to the shops all need fuel to make them go.
The way things are going it is going to increase inflation, then the Bank of England will have to increase interest rates, leading to either rising wages (and a spiraling rate of inflation), or wages remaining low and many many people notbeing able to keep a roof over their heads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.