£72 million over 6 years?

meeesh said:
Am gonna win that on friday on euromillions

remember me and such like..all the good posters who,ve never taken umbrage with any of your posts.

swifty said:
I think nike get all the money from shirt sales.

Doubt it
They will get a cut and so will MCFC, I would think... FFS whose hosting the retail sales premises ???

el bee said:
How does this all work?
They give us £12m/yr then what?
Do the club get shirts cheap/free to sell in the shop? Do we get a cut of all shirts sold?
Do we get a larger cut after a threshold of sales?
Never really understood it.

We get £12m p.a
They manufacture and sell our shirt, that´s where they get their money.
I guess MCFC gets a certain number of free shirts as well.
Stuff sold in our own shops we make extra money on of course.

danebanksheik said:
Uber Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Will be renegotiated before too long, you can bet on that.

I hope so. As posted by Zeven, compared to other teams it doesn't seem that impressive
This isn't about where we are ranked. Nike will only pay the worth to them - which is mainly driven by sales. We are nowhere near the sales volume of the Rags, Chelsea, Arse & Liverpool yet, only continued success will change this and really we have only just started.
add exposure to that as well.

On the face of it seems like a worryingly low figure compared to other teams, espeicially considering that Liverpool have not and will (more likely than not) not be in the Champions league in the recent past and future.

Tottenham get more than us, and we are already a much larger 'brand' than they are.

zeven said:
[
add exposure to that as well.

So the £12m could actually be a lost leader?
By my reckoning for Nike to get their money back they'd need to shift City branded stock with a total retail value of around £50m, which seems a hell of a lot sales to me - unless you can guarantee a number of high volume campaigns in the year i.e. initial release, cup final shirt, "champions 12" etc.

Uber Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Will be renegotiated before too long, you can bet on that.

I hope so. As posted by Zeven, compared to other teams it doesn't seem that impressive
It's not, but we're not a big name yet, not in terms of attracting these huge deals. We might think we're a big name but to the teams who compete for Champions League finals, we're like what Swansea are to the Premier League. We're on the up, we'll get there eventually, but right now we're quite a way off getting a real name for ourselves as a club. The Sheikh has been our owner for five hears now and it might take another five years to get to that level; it's taken clubs like United and Real Madrid fifty years to get to where they are now.

Plus it might actually be beneficial not to be raking it in right now. Might seem odd but if we steadily build deals like this one, to greater deals in years to come it will actually suit FFPR better than if we were raking in huge deals now and staying still.

We are still very green in us being a top ranking club, so the Nike deal while it is still lucrative we shouldn't expect a top level deal just. When we look like the real deal then we can negotiate a better contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.