£800 dentist bill!!

Balti

My student daughter has a toothache and has just come back from the dentist with a quote for £800 worth of work for a crown/ root canal work/ replacement fillings

£800 ffs!!!!

This seems to be including the bits that they elect to do on the NHS. NHS Dentistry my fucking arse. It's already private. When you find one that does NHS you can't get in or they only give you the examination on the NHS.

Another dead ex-public service courtesy of successive self-serving governments of both persuasions. What a joke.

Mate of mine went to Prague to get his peggies done, says it worked out cheaper and got to spend the weekend away.

Balti said:
My student daughter has a toothache and has just come back from the dentist with a quote for £800 worth of work for a crown/ root canal work/ replacement fillings

£800 ffs!!!!

This seems to be including the bits that they elect to do on the NHS. NHS Dentistry my fucking arse. It's already private. When you find one that does NHS you can't get in or they only give you the examination on the NHS.

Another dead ex-public service courtesy of successive self-serving governments of both persuasions. What a joke.

Thanks for including bother governments not just "them toffs"- where abouts are you? There is an NHS on near me that my mate got into last week.

Mate i paid close to 3 grand for mine. Wasn't on the NHS list and i was in brutal pain so just decided to go private. Worst decision i ever made seeing as i just had to pull out 2 of the teeth in the end anyway! NHS are a joke too.... I went to sort out my teeth after i still had pain in then and was told i'd have to pay similar what i paid to the private dentist because te NHS wasn't funded enough and so it had to be carried out privately as well!!!??? Fucking joke.

The last time I went to NHS dentist I came out £100 lighter in pocket and thought fuck it I will go private if I have to pay anyway. Best move ever did for £25 a month all services included. Went in for a clean up found out I needed a filling and had that done while I was there, spot on service without the mechanic type"ooohoohohohoh" every time something goes wrong

Get a 2nd opinion.

3 members of my family were quoted small fortunes for work that needed doing at a place in Stockport. Eventually my dad got an NHS dentist and not only was the work that needed doing much cheaper, they also reckoned a lot of the work quoted didn't need doing at all.

Really? I'm a student and need quite a bit of work doing on my teeth and have just registered at a NHS dentist. I thought there was a maximum amount of money you could pay for the treatment (about £220 i think) and thats for all the treatment. If not looks like I will have to keep my tootchache!

The maximum charge for a course of essential work at an nhs dentist is about £400. Any cosmetic work will be charged privately. Say for example one of your front teeth has a cavity, it could be treated with a white filling. If you told the dentist you'd prefer a porcelain veneer, it's cosmetic.

Any blues who live in a doable radius of Stretford should PM me as my NHS dentist is taking on new, NHS patients.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.