£800m development near Manchester Airport

Re: £800m Manchester City Airport Revamp

So to sum up, some geezer from China is building an office block in Wythenshawe?

It's hardly gonna knock, " Katie Price: I caught Cipriani in bed with another girl," off the front pages is it?

TGR said:
Manchester Airport needs every single penny of the proposed £800m spent on it and ASAP.
When compared to the likes of Zurich, Stuttgart, Schipol etc it is a toy town of an airport.
It is an embarrassment to the City of Manchester.

^^^ this!

when I come through it I cannot believe it's won awards (although I think they're relative to other airports in the UK) as it's one of the most disorganised and difficult places to get through; CDG consistently gets a bad rap from international polls but I'd much prefer to go through Paris than Manchester, which is diabolical.

its still a million times better than that pigsty in west London...

It's very ironic that the people on here criticising the aiport dont actually live here

DTKOAG said:
It's very ironic that the people on here criticising the aiport dont actually live here

You live at the airport?

I like Manchester airport.

But some people wont be happy unless there are dozens of starbucks and fast food joints.

Bus stations are mostly shit and train stations can be draughtly and full of feral scum :-)

But ohhhhhhh the fuckin' plane passengers must have their derrier looked after.

Other than that I am not arsed ;-)

Back in 1995 spent 6 months as a baggage handler at Manchester airport. I loved it.

I worked about 150 days on the trott at the place on 12 hours shifts and saw it as one long gym session and I saved a bloody fortune.

The thing that I remember most was the very first night I worked. I innocently climbed inside a plane really excited and nervous about fitting all the cases in neatly. Meanwhile two old hands climbed on board and started opening cases up and pinching so much stuff it was untrue. They were putting layer after layer of shirts on under their jackets and kicking cigarettes, alcohol, money - you name it.

I innocently piped up "you can't do that" and they looked at me as if I had shit on their mothers Sunday lunch and told me to "shut the fuck up" as they continued to bulk up like the Michelin man.

I think the some of the 800 million should be spent on cameras in the luggage hold in the planes!

I have about 12 locks on my suitcase when I go away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.