¿Habla usted español

Pfffft
Spanish is a doddle
You just have to shout in English, but really really loud

penalty spot said:
geoffchall said:
Interesting to see all of the questions being raised about Pellegrini's possible lack of English when the real problem is that Joe Hart's Spanish is probably a bit suspect. We already have four native Spanish-speakers in the team, Zaba, Silva & The Argies. If you start adding Angel di Maria, Jesus Navas and others I can't even begin to pronounce and we will be serving Paella in City Square every week. Of course Vinnie & Yaya also speak Spanish but Jimmy Milner looks like he could order two beers and that's about it.
It could work both ways the British learn some Spanish and Spanish speakers learn some English. I think Zabba learnt Manc after coming here and look at him now.

Edited to give Zab his full due!

asgoodasitgets said:
Pfffft
Spanish is a doddle
You just have to shout in English, but really really loud

Reminds me of a mate years ago ordering some stamps in Switzerland.

"2 stamps please"

{pause}

"Can I have 2 stamps, please"

{pause}

"TWO"

{make sign with fingers}

"STAMPS"

{pretend to lick stamp}

Ahhh, us brits eh!

PhuketBlue said:
geoffchall said:
We already have four native Spanish-speakers in the team, Zaba, Silva & The Argies.

Zaba is an Argie.
Ah he was - now he's a naturalised Failsworth kid.

Of course you're right The Argies is just in-house shorthand for when we play Aguerro/Tevez as attacking pair. Disappointed in some ways that Zaba's Manc isn't as thick as it could be. I have always loved it when you get a combination of local English and original foreign accents. Dietmar Hamman's Germano-English was quite good but the prize always went to Jan Molby's Danish Scouse.

Dont forget Garcia, Suarez, Pozo, Lopes, Yaya all spanish speaking...

Look the papers keep telling me every day that we have to play the German way now as that's the best, not the Spanish way any more. So I say fuck all the Spaiards off and buy Madzukic, Ribery, Robben, Van Buyten, Gustavo, Rafinha, Martinez, Tymoshchuk, Pizzaro and Shaqiri and we will be salted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.