‘’Football is dead’’

Did he complain about the red card in his game?

too right i did! but was in the pub garden at the time not on bluemoon.

if you check the VAR thread, you will see pages and pages of me criticising certain aspects of VAR - Blue Mist seems to think i'm some massive fan of it, and so i gave up bothering to post anymore on there.

but throughout that thread, him and few others keep repeating the 'game is gone' 'football is dead' etc etc every time there's a bad decision, which clearly isn't the case.

Super league though.. if that went ahead, the 'football is dead' would be justified.

VAR was there where it should be. Correcting the obvious wrong decisions from referees and linesmen.
The not to be handball from Zinchenko. The obvious red card for Di Maria.

I hope they just stay away from these close call off side decisions and handball mess.

VAR was used as it was sold to the fans yesterday, to correct clear and obvious errors, not nit pick over fine margins. I was all in favour of its introduction, and if it were to continue to be used that way then it can only be for the good of the game. Sadly though.....

Last night was one of the most enjoyable games I've ever watched.
Absolutely. I said the same at work today. I hate watching football on the tv, just don’t enjoy it and find other things to do whilst it’s on but last night, barring 10 minutes of nerves after the 2nd goal, I was glued to it.

i've always said VAR is not great, it will make mistakes. i just prefer a system in place to help refs rather than revert back to how it was - don't no why you take this view so personally.

anyhow, think you're missing my point and as always seem to be getting all hot and bothered again.

football is not dead is it ? or do you think it is ?
My point is why did you decide to post this thread last night ?
You know many Blues, me included have said that because of VAR and other reasons that football is dead.
Last night we got to the final of the Champs league and you decided it was a good time to post your thread.
You may think that was oh so clever, I dont.
I dont post provocative posts on a West ham thread designed purely to prove a point but you decided to do it on here on the night of possibly our greatest results.
Why didnt you post a thread 'I thought you lot hated the Chumps League'

Tbh the amount of times I've read that football is dead, or that someone is giving up football for good, on these boards or elsewhere, makes me think that maybe it's just people being a tad hyperbolic.
Well my son, who has followed the lads since Alan bastard Ball, home and away for many a year has said he is not renewing and TBH I am close to doing it as well so there's one maybe 2. VAR being a big part of it, £ky, corruption, many other reasons so Hyperbole ? maybe not.

Well my son, who has followed the lads since Alan bastard Ball, home and away for many a year has said he is not renewing and TBH I am close to doing it as well so there's one maybe 2. VAR being a big part of it, £ky, corruption, many other reasons so Hyperbole ? maybe not.
If you follow through then sure, it's not hyperbole on your case.

But on a general level I stand by my point. It's not just people saying they're giving up their season ticket either, it's football altogether.

My point is why did you decide to post this thread last night ?
You know many Blues, me included have said that because of VAR and other reasons that football is dead.
Last night we got to the final of the Champs league and you decided it was a good time to post your thread.
You may think that was oh so clever, I dont.
I dont post provocative posts on a West ham thread designed purely to prove a point but you decided to do it on here on the night of possibly our greatest results.
Why didnt you post a thread 'I thought you lot hated the Chumps League'

because after that game and how entertaining it was , i can't see how people (fans on forums from all clubs) can think 'football is dead' - it seems most agree with my sentiment. it wasn't provocative , i was highlighting how great footie is and how good City were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.