‘I’ll go hang gliding again. I didn’t enjoy my first time’

Tried Para-Gliding and got to my Club Pilot licence.. .I was a little ham-fisted for the discipline as they need a gentle touch.. went on to Hang-Gliding and it was superb.. got my Club Pilot again and loved every second of the experience when I was in Cyprus.

I am thinking of going back to it in a couple of years when I retire

The most common comment during my training for the instructor was "I am a little worried about the landing"... "don't worry" he used to say... "you will land"

A "hang check" was always the last thing we did to make sure we were clipped in... our instructor's party piece was a flight (top to bottom at Curium Beach so not miles) with no harness sitting in the A frame...

Last edited:
I’ve done paragliding. The one attached to a speed boat? Aiya Napa. Nisi beach 1997 complete with kappa home kit. The envy of all the other fans of other clubs on lads holidays. Even though we were shit.
you tried Parascending... Paragliding is when you are flying with no tether (the only tether in that case might be for a tow launch with a winch, vehicle or another aircraft)

The most common comment during my training for the instructor was "I am a little worried about the landing"... "don't worry" he used to say... "you will land"
First time I went skydiving one of the lads with us was shitting himself on the plane and his tandem diver tapped him on the shoulder and said "listen mate, don't be so worried, no matter what happens, you'll be back on the ground soon" :)

First time I went skydiving one of the lads with us was shitting himself on the plane and his tandem diver tapped him on the shoulder and said "listen mate, don't be so worried, no matter what happens, you'll be back on the ground soon" :)

This is why the definition of a good pilot is one with the same number of take offs as landings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.