“City have got no history”

The propagators for the ‘History’ line usually work on a timeframe of 1992-2010.

That is, apart from Liverpool fans who go for 1974-1991 for some reason?

When does History mean anything? Probably when United or Liverpool win anything significant?

The propagators for the ‘History’ line usually work on a timeframe of 1992-2010.

When does History mean anything? Probably when United or Liverpool win anything significant?

This is so true , you can include the Gooners under Wenger and Graham , best team in the land 20 years ago.

For me History means 2011-2019.

Most 100 goal seasons 7
Most top-flight 100 goal seasons 4 (shared with Wolves)

- Not sure about the smallest title margin. A team won it on goal average a long time ago.
Wolves presumably had 42 games to do it.

City have a rich history as do most clubs. When idiots on social media talk about history they mean history of winning things, which City do have so they're just showing their own ignorance. We had an appalling spell of 34 years without a trophy, but Liverpool are allegedly the best club in the world and it took them 30 years to win a league title... if it was easy every club would have done it.

The history comments just remind me of lyrics from the Stone Roses song She Bangs The Drums: 'Kiss me where the sun don't shine, the past was yours but the future's mine. You're all out of time'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.