“City have made the PL uncompetitive”. Myth & reality

I wonder what Lyon’s transfer & wage budget are compared to say Southampton?

The CL shows what can be done with good coaching, imaginative recruitment & bravery.

The PL needs to stop recycling the same old managers and players. Start looking at young powerful & hungry players.

I think Warnock’s little anecdote about Drogba sums it up, he’s was told about Drogba, a young hungry powerful striker, a real handful.
Warnock wouldn’t sign him because he was from the French 2nd division.
He probably signed Carl Asaba or someone like that.

The CL shows what can be done with good coaching, imaginative recruitment & bravery.

The PL needs to stop recycling the same old managers and players. Start looking at young powerful & hungry players.

I think Warnock’s little anecdote about Drogba sums it up, he’s was told about Drogba, a young hungry powerful striker, a real handful.
Warnock wouldn’t sign him because he was from the French 2nd division.
He probably signed Carl Asaba or someone like that.

Got it in one there, the PL has the same old 5 or 6 managers passed around in hope they can "survive" for the premier league pot.

There is no adventure or risk dare be taken due to money or pride in relegation. How some of our managers that we all know get these million ££ contracts I will never know. But what it does do is prevent us moving forward tactically. Hence the Monaco's / ajax / lyon clubs do well in the CL, they take a risk.

Got it in one there, the PL has the same old 5 or 6 managers passed around in hope they can "survive" for the premier league pot.

There is no adventure or risk dare be taken due to money or pride in relegation. How some of our managers that we all know get these million ££ contracts I will never know. But what it does do is prevent us moving forward tactically. Hence the Monaco's / ajax / lyon clubs do well in the CL, they take a risk.

The daft thing is, the odd team that takes a gamble generally does ok.

Watford always do ok.
Southampton did, they just made one poor call then panicked and went to Hughes.

I remember when Southampton sacked Adkins, the media were all against the appointment of Poch, the usual shite about knowing the league, it’s different here, blah blah.

Yet he came in signed exciting players and they were a good side.

As a league we need to stop recycling players, shit managers and get some imagination. As someone pointed out elsewhere, most of the Prem are operating on a budget bigger than the lines of Atleti & BVB. Certainly Lyon.

They get around €190m a year in revenue which would probably put them bottom half in the PL.
Lyon are nowhere near that good week in, week out, but they're still well ahead of the dross that makes up most of the PL.

Literally just watched one of these premier league years programmes from 1996/7 and the rags won the title. The commentator said that in the five years since the premier league's conception the rags had won it four times. Who was up in arms then?

Results in Europe prove we’re pretty much where the Champions of England should be. Ready to take on the elite. In no way are we dominant.

The issue in the prem is despite the money spent the challenge isn’t what it should be. Yet sections of the media seem intent on a race to the bottom.

City have not made the premier league uncompetitive......
It's just that nobody has come up with a solution to how Pep plays...especially when he has the appropriate players in key roles.
It was the same at Barcelona and Bayern....
I love watching City, the football is world class, the problem is....there are at least a dozen teams who do not even try to beat you....they try and draw at best....well that's their problem, not Citys

According to Klippity it's all down to the other PL managers. They give us too much respect. Well, if I were, God forbid, a Rag defender, and running off my bollox mid-44 pass move, I'd be thinking nothing else than WTF - which is pro-footballers' version of respect - and the PEG told me post-match that I'd given them too much respect, I would like to think that my reply would involve the reply "WTF do you expect us to do when we play someone so accomplished?"

You can only view City over time. In ten years if we have utterly dominated, then maybe. It’s a shame the press can’t get behind a team that could, and I stress could, win the Champions League and break the Spanish/German dominance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.