“City Matters” fan committee

Unfortunately due to the amount of tickets that get given to corporate, younger fans have no chance of getting an away ticket, the ballot will only be a small number of tickets, otherwise I would say ditch the points system and away tickets go into a ballot. The points system is terrible.

The points system is the best system for allocating away tickets. It reflects long term loyalty and commitment to the club and crucially it began before the money arrived.

The points system is the best system for allocating away tickets. It reflects long term loyalty and commitment to the club and crucially it began before the money arrived.

In many ways this is true but there are big flaws.

If you’re 20 years old then going to aways is going to be harder and it’s not their fault for being born later and being unable to get as many points.

You don’t want your away support growing older and older with young people never getting into the habit of going.

75% should go to ticket points and 25% should go to a ballot aimed at 25 and unders.

Of course some younger fans manage to get tickets through their parents but many don’t have this privilege either.

If you’re 20 years old then going to aways is going to be harder and it’s not their fault for being born later and being unable to get as many points.

You don’t want your away support growing older and older with young people never getting into the habit of going.

75% should go to ticket points and 25% should go to a ballot aimed at 25 and unders.

Of course some younger fans manage to get tickets through their parents but many don’t have this privilege either.

I tell you what, why don't we get rid of tickets for the over 50s, after all they didn't go through all the rough times, it isn't their fault that they were born too early and had to go through all the divisions with City!!

We wouldn't want our away support growing older and older would we, maybe we should just commit them to euthanasia right now............... ok, keep them alive in life but don't let them go to away matches, they might somehow pollute the atmosphere, they might get drunk, they might take drugs............. a lot of us do take drugs, but legally because we have to!!

Yes a bit far fetched, but so is your statement about youngsters. I'm sorry that they are having to build up their points by attending but it is not the fault of the older fans that the club have decided to give so many tickets to corporate etc. I agree with a ballot for 18-25 yr olds but don't just dismiss the older fans who have supported the club through thick and thin and back again.

I'm not sure what the solution is but pitting one set of fans against another is not going to solve the problem. We have to hope that our representatives on City Matters get it right for ALL True Blues.

Rant over, as you were.

I tell you what, why don't we get rid of tickets for the over 50s, after all they didn't go through all the rough times, it isn't their fault that they were born too early and had to go through all the divisions with City!!

We wouldn't want our away support growing older and older would we, maybe we should just commit them to euthanasia right now............... ok, keep them alive in life but don't let them go to away matches, they might somehow pollute the atmosphere, they might get drunk, they might take drugs............. a lot of us do take drugs, but legally because we have to!!

Yes a bit far fetched, but so is your statement about youngsters. I'm sorry that they are having to build up their points by attending but it is not the fault of the older fans that the club have decided to give so many tickets to corporate etc. I agree with a ballot for 18-25 yr olds but don't just dismiss the older fans who have supported the club through thick and thin and back again.

I'm not sure what the solution is but pitting one set of fans against another is not going to solve the problem. We have to hope that our representatives on City Matters get it right for ALL True Blues.

Rant over, as you were.

Stop being a completely weird sensitive baby.

I’m not in the younger age bracket either and was there through all the dark but I still recognise we need to bring younger fans through and that the ticket point system has its flaws.

Have a word with yourself for goodness sake.

Then those people should be told at renewal that they will pay the difference between the match-day ticket price & the 1/19th of their season ticket price for each of the games they missed, on top of their normal season ticket price. If they don't like it then tough. They can choose not to renew and someone who does want to attend games while getting a good deal can go in their place.

On the flip side what did the club say about moving the Leicester game with 2 weeks notice, and not giving a fuck about fans who had paid for travel and accommodation, or for those where the Monday became an impossibility to attend

All of it should be a ballot because as soon as someone turns 26, it's back to being bottom of the pile again.

Those with the most loyalty points should have the most tickets in the ballot (and therefore the best chance) but they shouldn't be guaranteed a ticket.

To quote Game of Thrones and every other Yorkshire sounding folk, "B*****ds"

I was told that those seats were unavailble because of such high demands... and now I hear the demand pick and choose. Shokcing. Sort it out. I agree with the raise the price if you miss more than 2 games idea.

really?

So my missus is ill.
the illness she has means that her needs change daily.
Some days she needs full time care and some days she doesnt.
Therefore some days I can go to the football and some days I cant, but I dont know until the morning of the game, and sometimes I get a call back while on my way to a game.
In my situation the only way I get to go to games is to have a ticket for all the games and go when I can.
This season I went to 11 games, gave my ticket away for 3 and for 5 games my ticket wasnt used when I couldnt give my ticket to anyone (I live in suffolk)
I have missed more than two games every year since 2012.
For the 24 years prior to that I rarely missed a game, but then my wife became ill.

your proposal seems very unfair to me.

It's not a Loyalty system, it's a Purchased Points system.

For some, loyalty peaked before points started to be awarded (and subsequently pimped by the club).

Logged on ticket website earlier.

Does anyone know what the bonus means against each scheme :
Eg League - 19 tickets ; bonus 0

really?

So my missus is ill.
the illness she has means that her needs change daily.
Some days she needs full time care and some days she doesnt.
Therefore some days I can go to the football and some days I cant, but I dont know until the morning of the game, and sometimes I get a call back while on my way to a game.
In my situation the only way I get to go to games is to have a ticket for all the games and go when I can.
This season I went to 11 games, gave my ticket away for 3 and for 5 games my ticket wasnt used when I couldnt give my ticket to anyone (I live in suffolk)
I have missed more than two games every year since 2012.
For the 24 years prior to that I rarely missed a game, but then my wife became ill.

your proposal seems very unfair to me.

It seems that circumstances are irrelevant for some of the Top Blues posting on this thread. Your commitment to your wife is clearly always paramount and to attend games despite living so far away deserves respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.