“Good Vibrations” film

ancoats

“Good Vibrations”. It is a 2013 Irish film written by Colin Carberry and Glenn Patterson and directed by Lisa Barros D’Sa and Glenn Leyburn.

Plot: Terri Hooley (Dormer) is a radical, rebel and music-lover in 1970s Belfast when the bloody conflict known as the Troubles shuts down his city. As all his friends take sides and take up arms, Terri opens a record shop on the most bombed half-mile in Europe and calls it Good Vibrations. Through it he discovers a compelling voice of resistance in the city’s nascent underground punk scenes. Galvanising the young musicians into action, he becomes the unlikely leader of a motley band of kids and punks who join him in his mission to create a new community, an alternative Ulster, to bring his city back to life.

sv4Tw.jpg

watched last night and loved it the best music film I've seen for along time
its up on most torrent site if you like a good film then download this and watch

I used to call into Good Vibrations every other saturday on my way to Windsor Park to buy a selections of fanzines of various clubs (of course CTIC Ctid Electric Blue and Kotk were the main ones purchased), but would also pick up 'zines from the two sheffield clubs, leeds, sunderland, cardiff etc etc just to see what was going on in the wider footballing world.
It really was a treasure trove for teenagers to get their kicks, & will be great to view the movie at some stage.

Great film, Hooley is a proper Belfast character. Only gripe with the film is when someone called Stiff Little Fingers a show band.

Lost Pilot said:
Great film, Hooley is a proper Belfast character. Only gripe with the film is when someone called Stiff Little Fingers a show band.

Stiff Little Fingers a show band hahaha yep

Like Law74 spent many an hour in the shop, still never seen the film, might give it a watch tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.