“PL clubs and FA ‘poles apart’ over Brexit”

Stupid FA. More concerned about flag waving adults than getting kids out running around.

Interesting article from Martin Ziegler in today’s Times.

The clubs want any foreign player who is given a contract and in the 25 man squad to be eligible for a work permit. The FA are hoping Brexit will give greater opportunities to English players, but clubs are fearful it’ll leave them at a disadvantage to European rivals.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...k?shareToken=91010ef38127a3ca4e270fe05f3f9396
I wondered how long it would be before the Brexit thread seeped out of its current location into other dicussions.........;-)

Certainly interesting and seems more like it would effect the smaller teams than bigger.

Although younger up coming players could well be affected, so would effect our club (all though the CFC would help minimise this).

Rather than the debate about work permits, would it not just be easier to require 8 English players in every Premier League squad rather than 8 homegrown players? Or impose a quota in matchday squads?

Rather than the debate about work permits, would it not just be easier to require 8 English players in every Premier League squad rather than 8 homegrown players? Or impose a quota in matchday squads?

No because the other players have got to have the legal right to work here. At the moment the same law that lets girls from Estonia in to become barmaids in Birmingham also allows Gundog, KDB and Merlin to play for us.

No because the other players have got to have the legal right to work here. At the moment the same law that lets girls from Estonia in to become barmaids in Birmingham also allows Gundog, KDB and Merlin to play for us.

I know, I'm talking about post-Brexit.

Let as many people come here on work-permits as you want, but it's gonna be uneconomical if only so many can appear in the squad.

I know, I'm talking about post-Brexit.

Let as many people come here on work-permits as you want, but it's gonna be uneconomical if only so many can appear in the squad.

Which is basically what the PL want, only without the quotas. The FA want to increase the number of English players at the expense of non British players. Your suggestion is a different route to the same objective. You might as well stick with work permits as impose quotas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.