“Unlucky” Offside

Jacob Smith

Just play on lino!

Anyone got any other cracking goals that were ultimately ruled out for offside or any other reason?

Harsh.

As a 12 year old in schools cup semi-final i won the ball in my own half, raked a pass out to the left winger and charged downfield to get a diving header from the cross that nestled in the top corner.
My Dad was reffing and disallowed it for a 'no name' shout i made when collecting the ball.

Harsh.

As a 12 year old in schools cup semi-final i won the ball in my own half, raked a pass out to the left winger and charged downfield to get a diving header from the cross that nestled in the top corner.
My Dad was reffing and disallowed it for a 'no name' shout i made when collecting the ball.
I bet he told you it was for your own good too...!

Harsh.

Disallowing the 'goal' is an abstract thing - everything still happened.

I remember playing in Sunday league years ago and the ref was called bingo billy..anybody who played on Hough End as bout 30 years ago will probably remember him.
I was in my own half when our defender cleared a corner as and the ball went over the half way line and bounced once and I knew keeper was outside the area so I hit it 1st time and straight into the net.
I was celebrating when the goal was disallowed...referee said I was offside when the ball bounced...I said you must be fucking joking. But he wouldn't give the goal...worst ref in Sunday league...wonder if it was Bobby Madleys dad.

I remember playing in Sunday league years ago and the ref was called bingo billy..anybody who played on Hough End as bout 30 years ago will probably remember him.
I was in my own half when our defender cleared a corner as and the ball went over the half way line and bounced once and I knew keeper was outside the area so I hit it 1st time and straight into the net.
I was celebrating when the goal was disallowed...referee said I was offside when the ball bounced...I said you must be fucking joking. But he wouldn't give the goal...worst ref in Sunday league...wonder if it was Bobby Madleys dad.
Billy rarely left the centre circle when he reffed a game. He also used to be outside the kippax on match day as a steward and whenever he saw me he always told me to go in as a junior to save a few bob. I had to remind him test not only dud I gave a season ticket but I was also in my mid 20's. Nice bloke, crap ref

Billy rarely left the centre circle when he reffed a game. He also used to be outside the kippax on match day as a steward and whenever he saw me he always told me to go in as a junior to save a few bob. I had to remind him test not only dud I gave a season ticket but I was also in my mid 20's. Nice bloke, crap ref

He used to drink in the Princess and was always tapping everyone up for 10p or get us a drink I'm skint lol.
As you say nice enough bloke but shit referee..
I think he lived on the parkway opposite Hough End with his mum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.