0-0

Mancio said:
dw7 said:
but it was clear to see that we set out for a 0 0 at arsenal so we got what we wanted so i would say that was a good preformance because we went for a draw and got it

it was clear to see just to you. to me it was a game where a poor performance from the start forced to a difensive display that luckily led to a good result.

it was lear tome and many others on this board and mancini and the media maybe you were the only one that thought it was a bad result/preformance

davefrombury said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I didn't like the performance particularly but if you'd told me yesterday morning we were going to draw nil nil, I wouldn't have been unduly upset. An away draw is fine and I am very confident we will go through.

This is exactly the kind of mentality we have to lose if we ever want to win anything. The players, the management team, every one connected with the club needs to know that performances like that are ultimately going to cost us. Eventually doing 'just enough' will turn into 'just not enough'. Dress it up how you like we played like it was a training session.

We'll have to agree to disagree. My mentality is that we shouldn't be so dismissive of our opponents and that ultimately it is getting through that counts in the cups and that in Europe that happens over 2 legs, not 1. If that is a small time mentality, I apologise, I assume the reality is that we should be shitting on everyone.

hello again from greece!

id like to say that your fans were great here,and they pay tribute to our dead fans to the marble monument we have there in front of gate-3 , very nice moment..

all the stadium was clapping for that beautifull in a standing ovation

i can read that you are skeptical about your teams perfomance.

dont be,im sure propably the most of you didnt knew Aris before the draw with us,but as a team we have some good players.and we have some decend experience in european games.
about the match..well lets face the tuth if city can have a good perfomance ,can win aris for a score like 3-0 4-0 or more..but!!
dont expect that aris will come to play defensive..we did that yesterday because city is such a good team and we didnt want to lose.but in engalnd we will play for the best,we have the quality to try at least.

if u check the match in germany with leverkouzen,we lost 1-0 but the shots were something like 6-10,in atlentiko the same but we werent in bad luck like in germany and we scored 3 goals.
in fact as an aris fun i pray to be underestimated by your team so we will have the chance to surprise you,because you propably think we are a team that we can only defend but thats not true.

laski said:
hello again from greece!

id like to say that your fans were great here,and they pay tribute to our dead fans to the marble monument we have there in front of gate-3 , very nice moment..

dont be,im sure propably the most of you didnt knew Aris before the draw with us,but as a team we have some good players.and we have some decend experience in european games.
about the match..well lets face the tuth if city can have a good perfomance ,can win aris for a score like 3-0 4-0 or more..but!!
dont expect that aris will come to play defensive..we did that yesterday because city is such a good team and we didnt want to lose.but in engalnd we will play for the best,we have the quality to try at least.

if u check the match in germany with leverkouzen,we lost 1-0 but the shots were something like 6-10,in atlentiko the same but we werent in bad luck like in germany and we scored 3 goals.
in fact as an aris fun i pray to be underestimated by your team so we will have the chance to surprise you,because you propably think we are a team that we can only defend but thats not true.

Thanks Laski, if only some of our fans were as positive as you my friend :)

laski said:
hello again from greece!

Welcome mate! Your team really impressed me last night. You will be very tricky to play against at COMS as you have enough pace and technical ability in your side to cause us problems on the break. I make it pretty evens for who goes through to the next round, even keeping in mind the difference in value of the our respective squads...

Good luck but I hope City smash you 5 - 0 with Dzeko getting a hat track....:- )

thanks for your replies sam and BillyShears
and ofcourse i understand u want to win and qualifie,i want the same from my team:)

but i like football and i respect your team(as the most fans of Aris)

from the yesterdays match i can agree it was a lil bit poor from one point of view(no goals few chances) but it was a strong match,with good defences.

i enjoyed my teams perfomance from 45-60 min,it was a pleasure to watch citys stars on pitch anyway,and your fans around the stadium before the game drinking and singing with us!

BillyShears said:
laski said:
hello again from greece!

Welcome mate! Your team really impressed me last night. You will be very tricky to play against at COMS as you have enough pace and technical ability in your side to cause us problems on the break. I make it pretty evens for who goes through to the next round, even keeping in mind the difference in value of the our respective squads...

Good luck but I hope City smash you 5 - 0 with Dzeko getting a hat track....:- )
Seriously Billy were you impressed with them?? I thought they looked a very limited outfit who made made it difficult for us but the only way they looked like hurting us was by throwing themselves on the floor and getting a set piece [which they were very good at] or our lax play!! i thought they poor tbh

howfen blue said:
Seriously Billy were you impressed with them?? I thought they looked a very limited outfit who made made it difficult for us but the only way they looked like hurting us was by throwing themselves on the floor and getting a set piece [which they were very good at] or our lax play!! i thought they poor tbh

They were technically a pretty good team, and yes they did impress me but it's hard to say whether it's because they were a decent team, or because we just never got out of second gear. One thing's certain - it's going to be a real cup tie come the next leg. They will defend deep again and look to counter. The longer it takes us to break them down, the more tense the game will become, which will again suit them more.

I dunno - just got a bit of a weird feeling that we're underestimating how tricky a tie this is going to be now...away goals are so so crucial in Europe...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.