0-0

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Aris were worse than anyone in our group imo.

Unbelievably negative, technically poor bar the odd moment, just absolutely woeful.

ive never seen us look so comfortable.
Thats what i thought, i thought they were probably on a par with salzburg which is why our inability to step it up a gear really annoyed me.

howfen blue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Aris were worse than anyone in our group imo.

Unbelievably negative, technically poor bar the odd moment, just absolutely woeful.

ive never seen us look so comfortable.
Thats what i thought, i thought they were probably on a par with salzburg which is why our inability to step it up a gear really annoyed me.
it was good defending in my opinion.not destroying the image of football.

imagine what would you do if you had to play against manchester city?play open?

and if we were so weak we should loose with a big score.
i mean its also dificult to play defensive,if you dont have any quality do to that you can loose with a waterloo.

in england is a total diferent match.
i could say that 2 things may happen.1)city will easy win with 3-4 goal diference
2)aris will qualifie

While Aris did defend and defend well, they are not a great side (sorry laski), but they were more than good enough to catch us on the break, and that is the worry for the home leg. On paper we should win easily, but we don't play on paper, we play on grass (and in the head). Give away sloppy free kicks near our goal, and they score, then they showed last night they can (and probably will) hang on.

I don't expect you have seen other matches of Aris this season to know how good or bad of a team we have.
If you judge just by this game, then yes, we can also say that we saw a boring City, unmotivated to seek
the win and justify their uprising fame. A team who despite featuring one of their strongest possible lineups,
spent most of the game with useless ball possession and endless passing.
Do you consider Bayer Leverkusen a decent side? if not, at least their 2nd place in Bundesliga says something.
Aris played them cat & mouse away in Germany and instead of getting a 0-3 victory, lost with a deflected kick
near injury time. In Madrid we had the luck we were missing in Leverkusen and scored 3 goals instead.
Guys this is the beauty of football, not always the best side wins and you being positively sure you'll smash us
in the 2nd leg is all we want at the moment. It might happen, but you'd better not express that belief so firmly,
you really weren't stellar yesterday either.

raoul_duke said:
I don't expect you have seen other matches of Aris this season to know how good or bad of a team we have.
If you judge just by this game, then yes, we can also say that we saw a boring City, unmotivated to seek
the win and justify their uprising fame. A team who despite featuring one of their strongest possible lineups,
spent most of the game with useless ball possession and endless passing.
Do you consider Bayer Leverkusen a decent side? if not, at least their 2nd place in Bundesliga says something.
Aris played them cat & mouse away in Germany and instead of getting a 0-3 victory, lost with a deflected kick
near injury time. In Madrid we had the luck we were missing in Leverkusen and scored 3 goals instead.
Guys this is the beauty of football, not always the best side wins and you being positively sure you'll smash us
in the 2nd leg is all we want at the moment. It might happen, but you'd better not express that belief so firmly,
you really weren't stellar yesterday either.

to be honest I wouldn`t expect to waltz through a game at this stage of the competition whosoever the opposition

raoul_duke said:
in the 2nd leg is all we want at the moment. It might happen, but you'd better not express that belief so firmly, you really weren't stellar yesterday either.

If you read more carefully you'll see that we're not all thinking that way, we could easily allow you a goal and struggle for 1-1, despite what some will no doubt reply.

We are not yet a great side, we just have great individuals at the moment.

everyone's forgot aris literally parked the bus.

going forward i thought they were poor, defending they were very organised.

like said above, they have the ability to get a goal on the counter attack, we've started giving stupid free kicks away in dangerous areas.

they score from only ONE chance, we have to score 2, won't be easy.

Freestyler said:
I don't agree, they didn't go forward very often, but I thought they were quick and efficient when they did, and looked dangerous, and the best save of the night was arguably Harts. We also gave away too many free kicks in dangerous areas, and while they weren't particularly good with them, they only need to get one right at CoMS.

we have left ourselves in a strange position

We should be able to bear Aris at our place. However all it takes is one mistake and they have goal then we have a huge mountain to climb as they will park the bus and they have shown that they are capable of defending well and in numbers.

If we score first tey have to come out and that will help, however even at 1-0 we are in danger of a fluke goal, wonder goal, error or something.

its going to be a tense game

Freestyler said:
everyone's forgot aris literally parked the bus.

Everyone on this forum forgets that CITY parked the bus too...

i was at the game and although the game wasn't that much entertaining still it was interesting to watch mainly because it was a tactical game. Aris were waiting CITY to open up so they can hit them on the counter which didn't happen because CITY were watching their backs too.

In all honesty CITY was the team that created the least trouble to our defence in this European competition. They were better than rosenborg, at par with atletico and worse than leverkusen. They did have ball possession but apart from a header by Dzeko they couldn't create any dangerous situation for our keeper. From the begging of the game it seemed that both managers would be happy with the draw. Both teams played for the draw hopping for a lucky goal on the counter

CITY may have spent a great deal of cash to building a great team but they are not there yet. The team is "under construction".

Which team will go through? The team that will score the first goal...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.