09 / 02 2013 cheer me up thread

Signing Robinho, the sign that the new owner was serious

Seeing the Academy work start the sign that Mansour is deadly serious

The knowledge that it won't be another 44 years. Blips here and there but more good days to come.

Perhaps even a master plan - Rags win the title, Red nose retires - the fun begins

Knowing that Silvio Berlesconi didn't want Balotelli, but he had to take him (like Robinho) off our hands because he's Sheik Mansour's woman.

Berlusconi, like Italy, was broke. His media empire, "Mediaset", wanted to buy big brother production company Endemol. Sheik Mansour had just bailed out Barclays, for a quick £3bn profit, so flush with in-europe cash, he bailed out Berlusconi, then became the secret cash behind the Virgin buyout of Northern rock.

Has that cheered you up? How abbout Taggart's puce face after "1-6", and Agueiro's injury time, premiership-winning goal. Feeling better?

Remember how you hated the thai army when they wouldn't allow Thaksin access to his £2bn? He sold us to "someone far richer", like he promised, and is now running the country by phone from laos next door, via his sister - financed by his profits. The army are bricking them.

There are a trillion reasons to feel happy. That's a million million dollars. We have an owner who isn't interested in ever making a profit. As much as he talks about "furthering the profile of Abhu Dhabi", he's in it because he watched a few games with his friend Thaksin, and got "mad for it" like the rest of us. He's addicted to the helter skelter.

Chelsea has a rich owner, but ours is richer than the rest of the premiership, La Liga, Seie A and the Bundesleague put together. Abramovich, and the Glazers, don't control a modern, well-equipped airforce.

Doesn't that give you a warm glow?

Its not like you've never seen a "typical city" match before, is it. Now they're so rare, its a shock rather than a sad, slow-motion inevitability.

Zorrin said:
Knowing that Silvio Berlesconi didn't want Balotelli, but he had to take him (like Robinho) off our hands because he's Sheik Mansour's woman.

Berlusconi, like Italy, was broke. His media empire, "Mediaset", wanted to buy big brother production company Endemol. Sheik Mansour had just bailed out Barclays, for a quick £3bn profit, so flush with in-europe cash, he bailed out Berlusconi, then became the secret cash behind the Virgin buyout of Northern rock.

Has that cheered you up? How abbout Taggart's puce face after "1-6", and Agueiro's injury time, premiership-winning goal. Feeling better?

Remember how you hated the thai army when they wouldn't allow Thaksin access to his £2bn? He sold us to "someone far richer", like he promised, and is now running the country by phone from laos next door, via his sister - financed by his profits. The army are bricking them.

There are a trillion reasons to feel happy. That's a million million dollars. We have an owner who isn't interested in ever making a profit. As much as he talks about "furthering the profile of Abhu Dhabi", he's in it because he watched a few games with his friend Thaksin, and got "mad for it" like the rest of us. He's addicted to the helter skelter.

Chelsea has a rich owner, but ours is richer than the rest of the premiership, La Liga, Seie A and the Bundesleague put together. Abramovich, and the Glazers, don't control a modern, well-equipped airforce.

Its not like you've never seen a "typical city" match before, is it. Now they're so rare, its a shock rather than a sad, slow-motion inevitability.

Now that must have cheered everyone up, has everyone calmed down now, Leeds in town next week, now thats something to look forward to :)

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Zorrin said:

Now that must have cheered everyone up, has everyone calmed down now, Leeds in town next week, now thats something to look forward to :)
Bring on the next game.

This might make you laugh............
THE AFGHAN FOOTBALLER

Kenny Dalgleish flies to Kabul to watch a young Afghani play football. He is suitably impressed and arranges for the player to come over.

Two weeks later Liverpool are 2-0 down to Chelsea with only 20 minutes left. The manager gives the young Afghan striker the nod, and on he goes.

The lad is a sensation. He scores 3 goals in 20 minutes and wins the game for Liverpool . The fans are delighted, the players and the coach are delighted and the media love the new star.

When the player comes off the pitch he phones his mum to tell her about his first day in English football.

'Hello mum, guess what?' he says 'I played for 20 minutes today, we were 2 - 0 down but I scored 3, they call it a hat-trick, and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the press, they all love me.'

'Just wonderful,' says his mum, 'Let me tell you about my day …

Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and assaulted, she would have been raped but for a passing police vehicle. Your brother has joined a local gang of looters and set fire to some buildings and all while you tell me that you were having a great time!!'

The young lad is very upset. 'What can I say mum, but I'm really sorry.'

'Sorry?!!! Sorry?!!!' says his mum,

'It's your fault we came to Liverpool in the first place!'

I'll try and do better!!!!

Remember the FA cup win against spurs? 3-0 down at HT, Barton sent off, Anelka off injured. Unbelievable 2nd half and a 4-3 win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.