1-1 at liverpool. Happy with a point?

ChicagoBlue said:
BY FAR, the best FIGHTING performance City have given all season. Liverpool is a 95 minute team, just like the rags, and to battle it out to the very end and hold onto a draw, while also making breaks until the very end, is all ANYONE can ask away from home against the top 4.

I was a little disappointed by the inevitable goal against, but it was a fair result that will shock many around the league. Based on Thursday's performance and playing another very difficult games on almost no recovery and prep time, I think it is difficult to be disappointed with the all around effort, performance and EARNED luck on the goal. With a little more luck, we could have nicked all three, but so could they, so fair do's!

Hughes has to be VERY HAPPY with the shape of the midfield today, with VK doing an excellent job of being higher up the field to stop Mascherano from playing, and De Jong did a superb job of playing across the back line, saving the full backs a time or two in the process.

Hard to fault any of the players for their efforts. Micah put in a VERY strong effort getting up and down the line, but wish he would try and cut out the cross a little more. Sorry to see Bridge on the wrong side of Kuyt for their goal, but he worked his socks off today and it is hard to complain about that. Thanks to a nice one armed save by Dunne, Benayoun was kept out from close range, too! ;-) Zab did a nice job playing left midfield in a shuffled line, allowing Ireland to play on the right and covering for Robinho. I guess he was not buying beer and cigs at Tesco's, because he put in a mighty shift.

Bring on the "Ammers and let's see who wants to play wide open flowing football and win 4-3?!

CTID
Good, honest post

Good result for us, and fair on the balance of play. 3 points would have been nice but Liverpool were always going to score, when they eventually did I feared we would capitulate but not this time, the lads were resolute.

Point gained, not two lost.

i'm really pleased with how city performed 2day, and our fans where very noisy as well, but i honestly expected the liverpool fans 2 be noiseier than that.

Is it just me or did they seem quiet?

first half not so good, rode our luck big time, even though we could and should have nicked a goal, Liverpool could have scored 2 or 3.

Second half, what a transformation, the best 45 minutes I have seen this present side play, some great incisive counter attacking football, great work ethic, and so many decent individual performances,

I think a point was just about a fair result (for them).

The performance was what pleased me most.

Hope we start seeing the side put in more collective performances like we did in that second half, if we do we are capable of beating any side in the Premier League.

Very proud of the lads tonight.

Just got back from game. Thought we were superb second half. Never thought I'd come away today gutted we only got a point.
Lets hope we can continue that 2nd half performance for the remaining away games

Prestwich_Blue said:
TrueBlue85 said:
ne1 else thought it was quiet?
They're usually quiet at Anfield unless it's one of those "magical European nights". Totally over-rated fans in my opinion.

Thank you, i totally agree with you mate, everyone goes on about how good and loud they are, but on a regular premier league weekend there just plain old average fans, like you said the only time they are in good voice is on a european night.

great result and a good week tbh.
System worked today but MH needs to consider adaptions to suit the opponents, and he doesn't seem to do that - it's my way or the highway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.