1-1 at liverpool. Happy with a point?

But I'll tell you what - if the rags end up winning the title with a 2 point or less margin before Liverpool I will be pretty annoyed, but I very much doubt that will be the case.

Not to be happy with a point would be foolish and I'm even happier with the performance cos we really were shit against Pompey and a repeat performance today would have been awful.

However I really thought that we might take all 3 points and it would have been so good to do so - what a confidence booster for our up and coming games against Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags. That's why I would have liked to take all 3.

Very happy with the point because I was expecting Liverpool to win and seeing as we've not won away since August and they haven't lost at home this season, it was a great result. The performance was the most encouraging thing about today though and if we can play like that away from home more regularly then we stand a good chance of finishing 7th. Vital game at West Ham next week now, losing would be a huge blow but a win would lift us above them.

I do agree with the assessment that Ireland should have taken his chances today. You only get a few and he missed them. With the return of Petrov, competition in Midfield will hot up, we will see what happens.

I will happily concede that Ireland is immense in defence and covering grounds, but I think he has to be more consistent with his finishing if he wants be one of the best players in the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.