1-6 Or 3-2 ?

jrb

Forget the outcome.(I know that's almost impossible) Base your decsion on how you felt before, during, and after the match.

Damn it's a hard one!

As this thread was started on the spur of the momet, I'll have to sleep on it.

If a similar thread already exists, then ignore it. :-(

jrb said:
Forget the outcome.(I know that's almost impossible) Base your decsion on how you felt before, during, and after the match.

Damn it's a hard one!

I was at the 1-6 mate and thought I could never be happier at another match, until the 3-2 that is - so for me its the 3-2

It's impossible to forget the outcome though. 6-1 or 16-1, the points would have still been the same. 3-2 or 13-2, the points would have still been the same too, but the prize at the end of that game was club-changing, whereas the 6-1 was 'just' another game, another win to making that 3-2 game a title-winning one.

jrb said:

Damn it's a hard one!

It's easy. Just compare it to the Spurs game at home, or the Villareal game. Or the Sunderland home game. Or the Chelsea home game. 1-6 easily wins in that scenario. But we all know that is not the true answer.

The 1-6 was just a league game (whether you meant utd or Norwich it's the same), the 3-2 had a trophy on the outcome.

I enjoyed the 1-6 moreas it was just disbelief and elation I felt afterwards. Whereas the 3-2 was just fucking stressful and emotionally draining and sometimes I think the journey is just more fun than the getting there.

Right, I've thought about it.

I'm going for the Derby. :-O

As per I thought we'd get beat. Can't remember the last time I saw us win at OT. Wasn't there for the 1-2 win under Sven.

During the game my joy was obvious. But it was first time I've ever been able to relax and enjoy a victory and match at OT. Standing right next to the United fans and seeing their faces, as well as seeing them drift off one by one will live with me forever. Not to mention the atmosphere, our support, and the way we annihilated them on the pitch.

The final whistle and walking home was brilliant. The previous season when we lost 4-3 I had to walk through their fans under the main stand. They were in full voice and loving it. Hated every second of it.

After the 1-6 apart from tumble weeds and a chill wind blowing under the main stand, all you could see was despair, sorrow, and utter dejection. :-) It was f***ing brilliant. I stood there and watched them all troop past like figures from a Lowry painting.

But you're right, seeing City lift the Premier League trophy can never be beaten. :-)

I think the Derby if you're asking about the whole of the match. We were winning all the way through and it was a pleasure to watch. Contrast this with the poor performance for 91 minutes at home to QPR and there's no contest.

However, if you're talking about one moment from each game then then 3-2 takes it all day long.

salfordblues said:
I think the Derby if you're asking about the whole of the match. We were winning all the way through and it was a pleasure to watch. Contrast this with the poor performance for 91 minutes at home to QPR and there's no contest.

However, if you're talking about one moment from each game then then 3-2 takes it all day long.

by the way, was that performance v qpr really THAT bad? I think we had 85% posession and something like 35 attempts on goal? Yeah we were not as slick as we could have been, and I agree nothing like as good as at the swamp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.