1-6 Or 3-2 ?

franksinatra said:
Your right pal I wasnt there. Seen us win plenty of derbies and I was the 5-1 generation and yet them games mean far less to me than Charlton, Gillingham, Blackburn, QPR, Stoke etc. The biggest derby was beating United in the semi, because it put us in touching distance of a trophy.

I can understand fans saying they enjoyed the 6-1 more
as the QPR game was full of tension. But beating United doesnt even register in comparison to the huge events which have shaped City's recent history. To me I cant understand the suggestion that beating United felt better than City winning the league

You're right in a lot of what you say, I think the best way I can sum it up is that we will win leagues again, win cups again but it's far less likely we will win 6-1 at old Trafford again. That's my point

Another argument could be that the semi final win felt better than the 6-1. Thinking about it now, for what it meant and the venue, day as a whole, relief etc. it maybe did feel better than the 6-1

Title win was still different altogether.

Not sure I agree with all this "only 3 points" "would have meant nothing if we lost QPR game" It meant the world back then and still does. All the years of stick at school, work etc were erased that day.

If we are to be who we think we can be, then the 1-6 game is just a game, whereas the 3-2 put THE major trophy in English football into the cabinet after 44 years. Hard to minimize the effect that has on fans like me, who have been City fans since we could stand outside our Gran's house on Horton Road and listen to the roar! As a 48 year young man, it is hard to remember the glory days of yore, as I was so young. However, the intervening years are seared into the brain.

Accordingly, Premier League Champions 2012 CAN never be forgotten. Let's hope it is the start of a long period of prosperity for the club. After all, it is Manchester City Football Club winning trophies with gusto that is going to keep this dream going, not just another win at the Swamp, even if we did score 3 in Fergie time!

I was'nt at the 1-6 so can't say for sure, but the scoreline flattered us(and any1 who says it did'nt knows nothing about football)but made the difference at the end on goal diff! The 3-2 was a different matter, we didn't play that well but deserved at least a 2 goal cushion(i was there), but the way it happened will never be beat and was made even sweeter by the fact that city fans in the pubs and clubs around the country were getting so much shite and abuse after having bottled it they could hold their heads up high and say"We're CITY and we'll score when we want" !!!!

i will be at games where we will win the title again,i dont think i will ever be at the swamp again where we totally destroy them and coming away from the ground absolutely ripping the piss out of rags with no response

The 3-2 was the peak happiness in a single moment that most of us will ever achieve. Although we were not actually playing United on that day it sure as hell felt like it! That's what makes it so brilliant we beat QPR 3-2 but also United 3-2 in the same match. Simply unforgettable.

Q.P.R. for me. The derby was great but it was only three points. The Q.P.R. game was 3 points x 100!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.