1-6 Or 3-2 ?

The 3-2 made me realise how my wife felt giving birth, excruciating pain followed by intense relief. Relief more than joy.

Of course the 1-6 was more enjoyable. The first 30 mins were tense but the match as a whole was pure pleasure.

I must admit that at the time, the 1-6 was earth shattering. Nearly ninety years since we've had a 1-6 in the Manc/Stretford derby (that was ours, too!) but it only rendered three points - a vital three points as it turned out, as all the points were vital, but the end to the season was sublime. We went through it as only City seem capable of sending their fans throught it, but the moment the Sergio goal hit the net, the pandemonium hasn't died down yet. At least not in our house!

3-2 because it seemed like it just wasn't going to happen and to pull out the win from the jaws of defeat like that will never happen again. Stealing it away from the evil empire like that made it all the better. To watch poor Phil Jones' face was priceless.

The 1-6 was the day that the school bully finally got his comeuppance. For me decades of one sided attacks, for which I didn't really have a decent comeback, were eradicated.

However, it has to be the 3:2 because we won the greatest domestic prize, for the first time in my lifetime, at the beautiful expense of them. And it also made the 1:6 a treasured memory that contributed to the league. Basically it made it a perfect season that I'm not sure will ever be bettered in my eyes.

Couldn't enjoy QPR game as I was constantly wondering how the fuck we'd got ourselves into a 1-2 situation in the first place. When we scored the winning goal I overbalanced and fell down 2 rows onto my head and was actually in shock for a good 20 mins afterwards. I watched the 1-6 in a pub surrounded by rags, I have never been so delighted to see the arrogant fuckers shut up then piss off home after Aguero scored the 3rd leaving their drinks behind them. Funniest part was after Fletcher scored to make it 1-3 some twat still in the pub rang one of the gobby ones up telling him 'we're back in it' and the thicko came back just in time to see Lescott knock it back onto Dzeko's knee. Absolutely hilarious and even the other rags were taking the piss out of him.

When the ginger pig studded Zaba in the cup semi final and got sent off I said that it was the turning point in our 2 clubs' fortunes. The 1-6 reinforced this so that's why I'm going for the derby.

3-2 every time for me.
That result was a game changer and is one more step towards where we want to be.
The 6-1 was really just another game, albeit great to rub the Rags noses in it.
We remember results like the 5-1, because we've never had much to hold on to in the last 30 years or so.
But things are changing now, and just as Fergie used to say Liverpool were their biggest rivals, then our reliance on Derby success will deminish.
Infact they can have 2 derby wins a season for me, as long as we win the league.
We don't have to measure ourselves against them anymore.
We're better than that.

jrb said:
Forget the outcome.(I know that's almost impossible) Base your decsion on how you felt before, during, and after the match.

Damn it's a hard one!

As this thread was started on the spur of the momet, I'll have to sleep on it.

If a similar thread already exists, then ignore it. :-(

1-6
before NERVOUS BUT CONFIDENT
during PROUD AND HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
after OVER THE BLUE MOON

2-3 FA CUP GAME
before CONFIDENT BUT WORRIED ABOUT A BACKLASH
during ANGRY, DEJECTED , PROUD OF THE 2ND HALF FIGHT
after GUTTED

Oh you mean the 3-2 against QPR when we became CHAMPIONS
before SCARED THAT TYPICAL CITY WOULD ARISE
during EVERY EMOTION UNDER THE SUN BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS BELIEF
after EMOTIONAL. TOP MOMENT IN LIFE ALONGSIDE WEDDING
PA-13513806-390x285.jpg

Theres no contest 3-2 just for going through every emotion possible and the bonus was watching them bstds squirm at Sunderland infront of the world media. YCMIU.

3-2 definitely.

i was there, watched the 6-1 in the pub.

i've never experienced the feeling when that goal went in before, i've also never cried that much before.

running onto that pitch with that having just happened will be something i will remember fondly whilst be lay on my death bed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.