1-6.....

Like he did in his book about the 5-1.....
Said the rags were on top until the players were taken off as fans spilled onto the pitch.... in the 3rd minute....
Then he claimed Slippery Jim hardly had a save to make.... (Presumably he means other than the 5 that went past him!)
In the 5-1 victory, City hardly touched the ball until they took off all the players due to it kicking off in the North Stand. United were the big favourites for this match. I can remember bumping into some Scandanavian Blues (anyone remember Egil who used to bring groups of City fans over from Norway etc. ?) the night before the match, who thought City would lose, as I did myself.
Whatever Mel Machin said in the dressing room during the break, worked wonders though. It was great to see the City youngsters playing with such confidence and passion. Andy Hinchcliffe's goal and his 50 yard run for it, summed up the performance. A superb day...

Back in the days where we had men with balls in the team who took it by the scruff of the neck rather than the pussies we have today whenever we play them.

Nice to see some proper defending too, makes a change. Still too much of the wasteful, sloppy giving away possession with poor out passes but at least we had a wall in front of them back then unless Pep's parting of the sea for them to run through and score.

But it won't change under Pep as the Champions League losses can't be put on him or UEFA, they have to be on the team so we have to go backwards and impede ourselves tactically and overthink it rather than stick to early 17/18 which worked perfectly, played the best football and got the best results. But hey-ho, Liverpool will enjoy being the top team for a while and the Rags will get their out on derby day by stealing wins off us when they should be annihilated every single time without fail. The squad still bears the scars of the day they bottled it in the 3-2 and those players are still too important to Pep.

Mario was an arse but at least he had the bollocks for it.

It's easily forgotten. If we went in at HT 1 (or even 2) behind, we couldn't really have complained too much. They just went to pieces in the second half, and the JFE red card pretty much did for them. That, and the lunacy of chasing the game when they were three down. That last five minutes, when we chalked up numbers 4, 5 and 6,was just madness on their account. And, it could be argued, ultimately cost them the title. We had a GD 6 better than them come 13/5. So; +3 for us and - 3 for them.

Yes we had no real composure and were hoofing it anywhere and couldn't keep the ball. We have to remember we had been the underdogs for so long that psychologically they had a big advantage. Mario's goal seemed to deflate them and Evan's being sent off was the end. To lose three goals in the last few minutes was nuts and we missed three great chances too.

Yes we had no real composure and were hoofing it anywhere and couldn't keep the ball. We have to remember we had been the underdogs for so long that psychologically they had a big advantage. Mario's goal seemed to deflate them and Evan's being sent off was the end. To lose three goals in the last few minutes was nuts and we missed three great chances too.
The Dzeko one is the one that springs to mind. The fucker could have ended up with a hat trick, and he was only on the pitch for what, five or so minutes?

The Dzeko one is the one that springs to mind. The fucker could have ended up with a hat trick, and he was only on the pitch for what, five or so minutes?

Yes blazed it over the bar from a few feet away, an incredible miss, the two goals he scored were harder.

In the 5-1 victory, City hardly touched the ball until they took off all the players due to it kicking off in the North Stand. United were the big favourites for this match. I can remember bumping into some Scandanavian Blues (anyone remember Egil who used to bring groups of City fans over from Norway etc. ?) the night before the match, who thought City would lose, as I did myself.
Whatever Mel Machin said in the dressing room during the break, worked wonders though. It was great to see the City youngsters playing with such confidence and passion. Andy Hinchcliffe's goal and his 50 yard run for it, summed up the performance. A superb day...
Reading Lakey's book, it was more a case of what Tony Book said to them rather than Machin

Everytime I see Anderson's foul on Micah it gets worse, so nailed on a penalty not even VAR could deny it. Just another example of shithouse Clattenberg reffing to his own narrative not wanting to give it after giving the red card despite it being so blatant. It really should've been 10!

Love watching it back though, the Mancini chant at 91 mins then cutting to Bobby having a little smile on the bench is just brilliant as he ever so politely hands the pisscan's arse to him hahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.