10 consecutive wins :-)

razman said:
mancityblue2014 said:
Let's put things into perspective here. Yes, it was a missed opportunity to gain 2 points on Chelsea, go ten wins a row and at 2-0 up at home against Burnley it should of been in the bag. But that early goal wasn't our mistake it was offside. Can't fault the team for that. And then I just don't think they had anything left in them after what has been some achievement to go from under performing, losing our captain, our best striker...all our strikers and almost being out of CL; to beating Bayern, Roma away, 9 wins in a row.

If you can't handle one defeat amidst all that achievement then you need to start playing fifa in easy mode or something and take a rest from real life for a bit.

defeat ? it was a draw... though it perfectly sums up the mood...though confident we will win on Thursday....hoping spurs turn up against chelsea , but that is being just too optimistic

Haha! Draw yes. Sums up the mood I suppose.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Henkeman said:
If things like this didn't happen there'd be no bloody point watching football. Or even playing it.
Well said mate.
I agree .
Two of my best days supporting City .
Were when we were the under dog .We got a great win at Liverpool in 1981 .
We won 3-1 and it was unbelievable . And we were very much the under dog .
Also another win at Anfield in 2003 .
Schmeichel played out of his skin to get a 2-1 win at Anfield 2003
Days like Sunday make Football interesting .
Burnley will stay up if they keep play like they did on Sunday .

baildon blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Henkeman said:
If things like this didn't happen there'd be no bloody point watching football. Or even playing it.
Well said mate.
I agree .
Two of my best days supporting City .
Were when we were the under dog .We got a great win at Liverpool in 1981 .
We won 3-1 and it was unbelievable . And we were very much the under dog .
Also another win at Anfield in 2003 .
Schmeichel played out of his skin to get a 2-1 win at Anfield 2003
Days like Sunday make Football interesting .
Burnley will stay up if they keep play like they did on Sunday .

Beating Utd 4-1, when SWP ran the ball down the touchline to make it 4-1. I wasn't even at the game but I remember watching it a pub full of reds and it being one of the best games I'd ever watched. Just wasn't what you were used to back then. Thesedays we take 4-1 agaisnt Utd for granted, as a given.

Expecting wins has become common place amongst lots of city fans.

It should not be expected or not totally. Keep us on our toes and perhaps get behind the team a bit more.

Just returning to the thread...

It's not the dropping points that I was really highlighting (bloody infuriating though it was). Of course you can't win every game and you shouldn't expect to win every game.

It was just the insane "typical City" ness of it. I had thought about posting in the pre-match thread when everyone and his cat was saying comfortable win, that it's in our DNA to win when no-one expects it, and to fuck it up when it's in the bag.

When you think about the enormous irony of that game, you really could not make it up. Chelsea drop points and we are poised to get within 1 point of them with a better GD. We are playing the 19th placed team with an absolutely shocking away record. We only need to win to break our 100+ year record winning streak. We are 2-0 up and coasting. And somehow, SOMEHOW, we manage to wrestle a draw from the jaws of victory. Honestly no top team in the world could be so fucking inept.

It's all part of our rich and bloody annoying history. The cup for cock ups line was so bloody apt, but it didn't seem to hurt so much when we were shit. Being 6-0 down at Chelsea and singing "you'll never score a 7th" was more fun than Monday!

As a small comparison.

During the 2006-07 season we beat Everton on New Years Day but didn't score another goal at home for the rest of the season.

I attended all the remaining games, but hit the bottle big style around the time of the 2-0 defeat at home to Villa.

I remember the Villa goals, but completely forgot that Joey Barton ballooned a penalty.

Did we boo that day as well?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.