10 Games In, your Thoughts?

Chippy_boy said:
mancity1 said:
7-5-5 in all games says it all.

Below what we should be by some way.

Should be at least on 25 points in the league , still in the League Cup and ahead of both CSKA and Roma in the Chumps League.

Lack of effort , hopeless defending at times and for long periods , the first 30 minutes against QPR was hopefully the straw that breaks us into seriously looking how we set up for games defensively and getting some clean sheets which is what wins games of football in the main.

Quite right mate. 4 clean sheets in 18 this season and one of them was against Sheffield Wednesday. Funnily enough though, Chelsea have only 5 in 17. It surprised me, that. I thought their defence had been much better than that.

Pissed myself laughing this morning listening to talksport, Brazil trying to give it the big one about Chelsea being the only team to have a solid defence and that ours looks all over the shop

Although we do look a bit wayward, they have only conceded one goal less than us in the league

Chippy_boy said:
Mister Appointment said:
Chippy_boy said:
And let's not kid ourselves either. Rescued by Frank Lampard against bloody Chelsea, bossed by a 10-man United side for at least 20 minutes and honestly I don't remember much of merit in the Arsenal game.

You're kidding yourself on clearly with that abortion of an assessment.

No need to get arsey pal. Not the first time from you I seem to recall. Were we not rescued by Frank Lampard against Chelsea? Or bossed by the rags? So much for my "abortion" of an assessment.

Chelsea - We were by some distance the better side until the ridiculous red card on Zabba. We were then temporarily disoriented and conceded a goal on the break, but then hit back with 10 men and were pushing for a winner at the end. Not sure what "rescued by Frank Lampard" means. That was a team goal par excellence.

Man U - the ending was a bit nervy, but even in that period, we had very good chances like Yaya just over the bar with a curler and Navas hitting the post. I remember Man U having only one real chance - the one that hit Fellaini's shoulder. Plus we were denied 3 obvious penalties and a red card. We could very easily have won 4 or 5 to zip.

Arsenal - we were very good value for a draw. Not too many PL teams will win at the Emirates this year.

I thought we were also very good against Hull, apart from Mangala's 2 errors.

Gray said:
Very unconvincing at the start of the season until the last 6 games when we have been shocking.

Won 1
Drawn 2
Lost 3
Goals for=8 against =9

Out of the competition we won last year, almost out of Europe and 8 points behind Chelsea.

My thoughts - if we don't improve rapidly we might miss out on the top four.

There's not too much logic in the last line. You have Everton in 11th, Liverpool in 12th, Spurs in 13th, Man U in 7th and Arsenal in 6th. None of them going anywhere and all with bigger problems than us. And if you are saying we could finish behind Soton, West Ham or Swansea, I'll take the other side of that in a heartbeat.

lasereyes said:
Chippy_boy said:
Mister Appointment said:
You're kidding yourself on clearly with that abortion of an assessment.

No need to get arsey pal. Not the first time from you I seem to recall. Were we not rescued by Frank Lampard against Chelsea? Or bossed by the rags? So much for my "abortion" of an assessment.

Chelsea - We were by some distance the better side until the ridiculous red card on Zabba. We were then temporarily disoriented and conceded a goal on the break, but then hit back with 10 men and were pushing for a winner at the end. Not sure what "rescued by Frank Lampard" means. That was a team goal par excellence.

Man U - the ending was a bit nervy, but even in that period, we had very good chances like Yaya just over the bar with a curler and Navas hitting the post. I remember Man U having only one real chance - the one that hit Fellaini's shoulder. Plus we were denied 3 obvious penalties and a red card. We could very easily have won 4 or 5 to zip.

Arsenal - we were very good value for a draw. Not too many PL teams will win at the Emirates this year.

I thought we were also very good against Hull, apart from Mangala's 2 errors.

Too much balanced good sense here, mate. This is BM, you know! I saw exactly the same games as you, in almost exactly the same way. Just a detail we differ on: I thought we were poor against Hull for those two goals. As against that, I thought we bossed Villa in midfield, and actually played some of our best midfield football of the season — at their place, let's remember — and the only thing missing was chances, until late on.

Just an additional thought. Respect to West Ham and Southampton, but I just don't think they have the squads to last the distance. More than ever, our biggest rivals are Chelsea. And if we end up second to them (and, say, get a good run in the Cup, who knows, maybe even win it), then so be it. I'd settle for that and feel privileged to be supporting this team at one of the most important moments in this club's history. Yes, it would be a disappointment after last season. Hey, that happens.

I think Bobby was right to ban Purple on match days cos we are shite at the moment.
Wtf has Nasty done to not get a look in?
Mangala needs to get a grip pretty swiftly or else we are boned.
Fernandinho is not the pacy DM we need,to mop up when Yaya's (a)gone walkies(b) having a mare or (c) playing up front.
Milner, vinny,Fernando and Zabba aside,everybodys scared to put a tackle in when people are marauding at us.
We really need a better left back
We have to snap out of this Champions hangover and start Grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and actually look like we want to win instead of expecting to win.
All three kits are bobbins and Nike are cunts

Even if this season is a step backwards and it is looking very much like it will be after 17 games I am confident that in the years ahead the players we have will be better equipped than our current squad and better managed to be competitive at home and in Europe at the same time.

CitytillIdie74 said:
....All three kits are bobbins and Nike are c**ts
The away kit is fantastic IMO but the 14/15 home kit is not great. Have you seen NYCFC's home kit with the white shorts and killer badge design? It's Adidas and it looks stellar. Here's hoping we have the same next season.

SkyBlueTX said:
CitytillIdie74 said:
....All three kits are bobbins and Nike are c**ts
The away kit is fantastic IMO but the 14/15 home kit is not great. Have you seen NYCFC's home kit with the white shorts and killer badge design? It's Adidas and it looks stellar. Here's hoping we have the same next season.

Off topic I know but... No chance of adidas next year. Nike took over the 10 year umbro contract as Nike own umbro. That was 4 years in and so they have another 5 to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.