10 games played under roberto

lastmanback

this is a question not a roberto out thread.
can any one tell me the shape, general idea, formation or style of football we are trying
to play.
I understand it will take time to instil his ideas. we seem very defensive.
we are not set up to counter attack either unless you call a big hoof out of defence
and bellamy or tevez reaches the ball and does something magical on there own,
all the players seem ultra cautious, afraid of being caught out of position.
I've heard people say in most games at least he's willing to change as the game progresses.
is this not a sign of a manager making it up as he goes along.
we are not imposing ourselves on opponents we are basically reacting to them.
portsmouth, hull, everton all gave us problems we had no answers to them, even if
we beat portsmouth we created very few chances.
any reasonable answers.

I think he's still finding out himself,not helping when most of your players are world class one week and wank the next.

Lucas North said:
Too rigid, too structured, too narrow, too deep, we have gone backwards.

I think weve gone sideways......... not forwards anyway.For me I like some of the stuff he has done,but also cringe at other ideas.S'pose it will take time but if we cant get it right in the next few games our season is pretty much fizzled out.

Lucas North said:

to me it looks like he trying to play Italian style football in england
while he gets used to premieship and hoping he will find a style eventually.

leruzin said:
Lucas North said:

I think weve gone sideways......... not forwards anyway.For me I like some of the stuff he has done,but also cringe at other ideas.S'pose it will take time but if we cant get it right in the next few games our season is pretty much fizzled out.

Well, we're better at defending corners.

Mancini is trying to implement an ltalian / Serie A brand of football into an English Premier League team and it won't work, that is the bottom line.

Can see him losing the dressing room soon. SWP, Bellamy, Nedum and Ireland must be pretty pissed off already.

lastmanback said:
this is a question not a roberto out thread.
can any one tell me the shape, general idea, formation or style of football we are trying
to play.
I understand it will take time to instil his ideas. we seem very defensive.
we are not set up to counter attack either unless you call a big hoof out of defence
and bellamy or tevez reaches the ball and does something magical on there own,
all the players seem ultra cautious, afraid of being caught out of position.
I've heard people say in most games at least he's willing to change as the game progresses.
is this not a sign of a manager making it up as he goes along.
we are not imposing ourselves on opponents we are basically reacting to them.
portsmouth, hull, everton all gave us problems we had no answers to them, even if
we beat portsmouth we created very few chances.
any reasonable answers.

From a defensive view point our defending at set pieces and corners looks good no longer do i bury my head into my hands at every set piece. However the tightening of the defense has come at a significant cost:-

The back 4 and the midfield 4 play very very close together and very narrow and very deep - resulting in the front two getting isolated and the lack of midfield runners providing support only makes the situation worse. However the biggest fookin frustration for me at least is seeing players played out of position - if i see Petrov playing on the right anymore i will seriously be considering if Mancini has any fookin common sense - either play Petrov on the left or dont play him and let him go in the summer.

I am really really pissed off today another piss poor performance on Tuesday and i seriously think there will be fookin uproar after the game

We are so fucking rigid it makes me want to cry. Where's all the creativity we once had gone? The fluidity? The invention? Why are we playing with a slower tempo than every other team in the country? We've gone from being one of the best teams to watch to being one of the worst. It's depressing to be honest. At least we have a game on Tuesday, so potentially, only the next 2 days are now ruined, as opposed to the entire week.

Today, Everton, United away were poor. FA Cup okay not proper team, the other 5 we won too, so okay so far.

He needs time like anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.