10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was better vs Watford because he carried a threat. In most games he just slows the game down. That's OK if you're looking to manage a game and retain possession but he needs to add goals and assists whilst being a player in the City line up, not the player as he was at Villa. It'll be a similar transition to the one Mahrez made.

Think he got into some really dangerous positions and generally looked more confident with the ball against Watford - playing him down the middle is hopefully the plan from now on. In my opinion, the only chance he absolutely should have buried was the header from the corner in the first half. Otherwise he just came up against a keeper in fine form or just didn't get the luck of the bounce. Most important thing for me was that, considering he's recovering from an injury and considering this is still a bit new to him, he was getting into those kinds of positions and really looking the part. His movement for the first goal was top class and left Sterling wide open, he started the move for goal number 2, and the way he kept the ball in a tight area during the move for Bernardo's worldie really reminded me of Nasri. Has played pretty well up to this point but has been lacking in a couple of areas; he looks like he might be ready to kick on now.

(Was also encouraged by how annoyed he was with himself when coming off. Clearly he's not just come here to coast and piss about, he's come here to do well and better himself. He wanted that goal.)

So you're telling me that you spend 100 million on a player just for him to be another cog in the team?
Could be worse, could have blown 80m on a defender who makes you even shitter. Why not take your transfer observations to a certain mid-table team that consistently and hilariously, gets it wrong.

100m for a player who takes up a position where we need scorers, who's weakest arrribute is scoring. Shite business. The guy Nkuku would have cost half and probably been a much better fit. Pep needs to sort Jack's issues out or he will be a liability. He had already missed lots of important gilt edged chances in front of goal. The one against Chelsea nearly cost us. Today it didnt cause pressure as we are on a different level from Watford. If you want to play in our forward line you should be comfortable in front of goal. Simple as that.
What are your thoughts on David Silva & his weakest attribute, which I’m pretty certain most would say was his finishing?

Did the chances Spanish Dave missed make him a liability too?

TBH I don't think that he was a different player than the previous game but just played in a different role and a bit more aggressive& selfish (not criticizing). And it "looks" better. I think that it is good that Pep gave him a free role in an easy game to boast some confidence and I think City squad are really a group of very nice people and show support to each other, very very good team.

Somehow interesting is that I find that Grealish and Sliva have a very good understanding of each other - sometimes even they are not directly linked but you can see how they understand each other move across the pitch. Sliva has also said in one interview about him enjoying linking up with Grealish.

On the other side I think Grealish and Gündoğan tried to play together more but not always on the same pace. Gundogan's shot was blocked by Grealish. I think Grealish was trying to play kind of wall pass one two with Gundogan but Gundogan idea was to shoot immediately. Neither was wrong but just not on the same page...

TBH I don't think that he was a different player than the previous game but just played in a different role and a bit more aggressive& selfish (not criticizing). And it "looks" better. I think that it is good that Pep gave him a free role in an easy game to boast some confidence and I think City squad are really a group of very nice people and show support to each other, very very good team.

Somehow interesting is that I find that Grealish and Sliva have a very good understanding of each other - sometimes even they are not directly linked but you can see how they understand each other move across the pitch. Sliva has also said in one interview about him enjoying linking up with Grealish.

On the other side I think Grealish and Gündoğan tried to play together more but not always on the same pace. Gundogan's shot was blocked by Grealish. I think Grealish was trying to play kind of wall pass one two with Gundogan but Gundogan idea was to shoot immediately. Neither was wrong but just not on the same page...
I agree with you to an extent but it is also very clear from yesterday he loves playing in the middle instead of getting stuck out wide where he has no pace or tricks to get past a fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.