10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, he's not really done anything on the pitch to change any of the doubters' minds.

It's a fair point to say that he'll almost certainly improve but anyone who wasn't impressed by him on or off the pitch before is hardly going to look at what's gone on this season and think "well he's made me look silly."

If he comes good on the pitch then he'll win people over, even the ones who think he comes across as a bit of a prat. Until then, weekly stat posts about his "key passes" aren't going to cut it.

People need to be patient. Not just the ones who are writing him off but also the ones being defensive of him. Players who have done far more for the club both past and present have taken far more shit than him. It's all to be expected.
Spot on. Good, nicely balanced post.

So " big man " your mind was made up before he had even played for the club ?

So it's probable that you wouldn't change your opinion if he proved himself to be the best player at the club .

Nothing to beat objectivity !
And that's where your e wrong.
I haven't criticised his performances once since he became a Blue.
I support him as much as any other player.
As for objectivity, you're all over this thread slagging off any and all posters who have valid opinions that don't chime with yours.

To be fair, he's not really done anything on the pitch to change any of the doubters' minds.

It's a fair point to say that he'll almost certainly improve but anyone who wasn't impressed by him on or off the pitch before is hardly going to look at what's gone on this season and think "well he's made me look silly."

If he comes good on the pitch then he'll win people over, even the ones who think he comes across as a bit of a prat. Until then, weekly stat posts about his "key passes" aren't going to cut it.

People need to be patient. Not just the ones who are writing him off but also the ones being defensive of him. Players who have done far more for the club both past and present have taken far more shit than him. It's all to be expected.
Bang on.

Nothing to disagree with in your post TOC, but I haven't commented on his performances.

It's the level of judgement and criticism aimed at him that I disagree with. Certain posters would not give him a fair chance because of their prejudice against him , even before he signed. The last poster i responded to be confirmed that, and I doubt that he is alone .

I am pretty sure that he has never played for a manager like Pep before who has made specific demands upon the way he wants him to play or approach the game, but some of the posters seem to think that they know better than the manager - despite everything he has achieved at the club.

So it is stubborness, arrogance , and prejudice against the individual which is the cause of the criticism imo. And we have witnessed this type of thing before with new signings coming into the club and having difficulty adapting to the style of play.

As I said in my previous post, some would never acknowledge it, if he proved himself to be the greatest player ever at the club, and that is just sad, as Grealish like him or not , is a City player.

Last edited:
And that's where your e wrong.
I haven't criticised his performances once since he became a Blue.
I support him as much as any other player.
As for objectivity, you're all over this thread slagging off any and all posters who have valid opinions that don't chime with yours.

Ok , but I am trying to put forward another perspective, that you don't happen to like,

Anyway please yourself , it's your prerogative, as is mine to express my thoughts on the subject.

Last edited:
Was we as Wierd as this when we lost SWP to Chelsea?? Villa fans just can't seem to let Grealish go.

Yeah good post

You think he's having his "swagger and flair blunted in order to make him a mechanical cog in a machine"?
Yes i do , he is much more cautious than he was at villa , we have a well oiled machine that he has to learn , he goes where pep puts him , he doesnt have the freedom here that he had there because he is not the main man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.