10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we don't have to discredit Bernado just so we can create some false narrative that he had a first season similar to Grealish, he didn't! He had a great first season.
Oh do fuck off chirping up on this, I’ve never discredited Bernardo, or likened his first season to Grealish I put forward my opinion that some of our great players struggled a bit when they first arrived and named Bernie as one, as he did have a dip in form at some point… If you disagree that’s fine but don’t start harping on with your false narrative and discrediting Bernardo shite…
Now do have a lovely day..

bernardo was nothing special in the first season especially in the first half of the season, in the second half he did have some moments. but it was not until the second season when he moved into the midfield from the wing did he become integral to the team in the absence of KDB.

Not overly arsed by his off feild antics unless it disrupts others in the dressing room (take a bow Phil). Loved Mario so would be hypercritical to throw any shit at Jack on that front....
Those of us who were doubters before he signed got a right slagging off by the fan boys. Questioning the hype that he would take us up to the next level, I got called cretin, moron, thick cnt etc. It was hostile and abusive. Funny that the hostility and abuse was coming from one direction only - the fanboys. And so it has continued.
So, as I wait for this next level, missing piece to reveal itself to us, I have seen him become a reliable but unremarkable squad player. That's fine to a point.

Don't give a shit about his price either. But those that say he has been brilliant are deluded. Over praising medocraty never works.

Pep is doing his job in sheilding him from critism. I trust in Pep to do what he can to bring out the best in him.

He had the potential to become our first 'product' player. To generate marketing and exposure and improve our reach and fanbase. If anything he is going backward in this regard. If he clicks on the pitch more then perhaps this will follow. We can but hope.

Ultimately, I am a City fan first and foremost. If he turns out good for the club I will welcome it. But if he doesn't improve the excuses (of which there are many and varied and ludicrous ones) must stop and the reality must bight.

Us doubters got pelters but doesn't mean we don't want him to succeed. In the meantime I will stick with acknowledging his good 'moments' while 'still waiting' for the next level missing piece of jigsaw player the fanboys promised.
Nicely put

bernardo was nothing special in the first season especially in the first half of the season, in the second half he did have some moments. but it was not until the second season when he moved into the midfield from the wing did he become integral to the team in the absence of KDB.
That's not how I remember it.

That's not how I remember it.
He literally wasn't though. He sprang into life around December time.

And it wasn't because he played poorly or anything. It was because in a similar way to Sané, Mahrez, or Cancelo he didn't get too many meaningful minutes until the middle of the season.

The big difference with Grealish and a lot of others is that he's been thrust into the 1st team straight away. So we're seeing all the adapting struggles on the pitch instead of on the training ground.

I mean go into the old Bernardo thread and early on it's just like here or any other thread, a bunch questioning the signing, a bunch questioning his best position, longing for Sancho, and a few suggesting that actually he'll come good eventually.

It's a cycle.

Screenshot_20220130_125414.jpg

I think he's very self-aware and his assessment of his own performance probably chimes with the majority of us - he's settling in, he's learning, the g/a numbers need work.

Very complimentary about Pep though, and promising that he says both that he's learning a lot and that he's enjoying it.

View attachment 35479

I think he's very self-aware and his assessment of his own performance probably chimes with the majority of us - he's settling in, he's learning, the g/a numbers need work.

Very complimentary about Pep though, and promising that he says both that he's learning a lot and that he's enjoying it.
Yeah

I watched the game vs Chelsea again and noticed how much his off-ball movement improved since joining. For example, in KDB goal, Grealish pointed to KDB before Rodri's pass reached to Cancelo feet and Grealish started to move to the left side to provide more width. Something you won't see in his Villa days.

However I doubt if his finishing skill would improve. Clearly that scoring is not part of his nature skill and it seems no real improvement since joining...

Thankfully we have Pep+ his long term team taking care of business on and off the pitch while our once illustrious neighbours stagger into another disaster. Every man u signing of late has massively underperformed and in some cases may now uncoachable for elite success . Jack will be fine as will prem come soon Palmer.

Thankfully we have Pep+ his long term team taking care of business on and off the pitch while our once illustrious neighbours stagger into another disaster. Every man u signing of late has massively underperformed and in some cases may now uncoachable for elite success . Jack will be fine as will prem come soon Palmer.
My sympathy for United players is never especially high, and who knows whether it was the player or the club who really fucked up here, but someone somewhere should be ashamed of how it has worked out for Donny van de Beek. Something tells me if he'd come to City he would have been flying or sent out to a league where he could flourish. I can't think of a player we haven't improved and made a good career for in five years, even if they haven't made it in our first team. They seem to be ruining promising careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.