10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No coincidence that the majority questioning his pressing or defensive work are the same ones who spent the summer saying they didn’t want him.
Instead of watching him and thinking, you know what, I might have been wrong, the lad is brilliant they double down and try and pick out his perceived faults.
Human nature is a strange old thing.

Nobody is slagging him off. The difference between observations and slagging off is lost on half this forum.

My observations of him so far are:

He’s very good with the ball at his feet
First touch is first class
Keeps hold of the ball very well
Can beat a man with good skill.

He holds onto the ball too long at times and needs to learn how to speed up his thought process and passing
His end product is often lacking, final cross or shot is mostly of poor quality
He’s very slow
Defensively looks poor.

So far, a good start to the club but we needed a match winner yesterday and he wasn’t it (granted, neither was anyone else!). The good signs though are that he’s settled in much quicker than some others who’ve come to us, and he’s improving on things he’s not that good at.
I think it's a fair assessment more or less but "very slow"? Cmon.

He was pushing it past their RB(who's very highly rated) all game long. He may not be fast over 50 yards like Walker, but he's got a quick first step and once he's past you it's very hard to get it back with his strength.

No coincidence that the majority questioning his pressing or defensive work are the same ones who spent the summer saying they didn’t want him.
Instead of watching him and thinking, you know what, I might have been wrong, the lad is brilliant they double down and try and pick out his perceived faults.
Human nature is a strange old thing.
He is playing very and fits injust fine , i was struck by his lame pressing , he can learn it and needs to learn it, tag me next time rather than dig from afar

He is playing very and fits injust fine , i was struck by his lame pressing , he can learn it and needs to learn it, tag me next time rather than dig from afar
There have been about 4 posts saying the same thing. Don’t flatter yourself Karen :-)

So no, bore off
When has pressing been a skill set ???

Jack’s been our best player this season so far.

couldn’t care less if he can’t “ press properly “

milner could press didn’t make him a good player.

Bernardo and Jesus press properly but aren’t good enough else where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.