10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So unlucky not to get a goal today with some top keeping from Mendy I thought. Grealish is a player you can rely on though. Him (and the likes of him and Walker) will never get bullied and will relish the physical side of it, whilst causing problems himself going forward. Joe Cole was saying before the game that over the next 5 years he could become one of the top players in the world, there's a lot more to come at least that's for sure.

He did a lot to stop their fullback, today, as Gabby did on the opposite flank. That level of pressing really kept them in areas where they were vulnerable. I think he has made an excellent start and shows immense promise.

Should have had atleast one goal.

But they will come, just an off day with the finishing.

Love that he plays with a smile on his face, will only get better and better. There are few players that can time a final pass like Jack. Good stuff.
I love that he relishes being booed. I think we could guess that already when his reaction to being punched is to go and put the ball in the net.

Other players today might have gone missing, not this lad, you could see his smirk coming off when he was getting his final round of abuse. We needed a bit of that.

Too ineffective first half.

Better second half with more space but has to find Foden with that outside-of-the-right-foot-cross and had to score in that chance when he was through.
That’s the difference between mid table and title challenging teams.

But I thought his pressing was much better today, looks like he’s worked on that all week.

Another good performance but still loads of improving and learning to be had for the lad.

Too ineffective first half.

Better second half with more space but has to find Foden with that outside-of-the-right-foot-cross and had to score in that chance when he was through.
That’s the difference between mid table and title challenging teams.

But I thought his pressing was much better today, looks like he’s worked on that all week.

Another good performance but still loads of improving and learning to be had for the lad.
I actually blame Foden for that.

A striker makes a better run and get's on the end of that, I think if Torres was there that's a goal.

Jack is a game changer, with more reps he will become a match winner. Only a matter of time. Super Jack has everything.

Has been doing great so far! I noticed he tends to pass outside of right foot quite a bit rather than left foot. Also his break on goal today he maybe should have used his left but opted to go outside of his right foot. Something to work on for sure but he did so well otherwise today!
I think using the outside of his foot is a strength because he can play the ball when opponents aren't expecting it. Last week he drew 3 players towards him and created a passing angle to play Sterling in for a big chance. He got an assist for Jesus vs Arsenal, outside of the foot giving Chambers no chance to cut it out.

He actually reminds me of a boxer the way fronts up to opponents in 1 v 1's. He's throwing in loads of subtle feints while watching their feet/balance and waiting for them to commit. Today he squared up to Azpilicueta in the box, got him to bite on a feint down the outside, shifted it inside and that was going in the bottom corner for 2-0 but for a brilliant fingertip save by Mendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.