10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home truths right here........

Too many excuses for him

He will come good hopefully but at the moment he is the odd one out in the starting 11....doing very very little except slow the game down and falling over....

He is not playing badly. I've seen yesterday's game twice now and he has a solid game; and a solid game in this City team means he is a very good player.

You can quibble over the fee but quality of the kind City require costs.

He can't play the same game that he played at Villa so he quite reasonably needs time to adapt.

Thought he was awful first half, too slow in possession and looked a bit scared of Rudiger. But in his defence he was up against two very good and very experienced defenders.

He really does need to be taking huge chances like the one he was gifted.

Second half, he was much better and seemed to grow in confidence. Hopefully we’ll more of what we saw second half.

Because hes being written off.
Yes hes below par but weve seen it time n time again. And im as guity at writing players off as anyone. But im learning
Lol Grealish is being written off ?
By who ?
Pretty sure anyone writing him off isn’t a city fan and I am sure most people who are saying he has been underwhelming would like for him to prove them wrong. You are probably too invested in Grealish that you think people don’t want him to succeed

If any other club had signed him we'd be saying he's bobbins, well he ain't impressed me so far
Perhaps. But as always, not being great on your 1st season under Pep is nothing to get worried about.

There has just been too many examples of 2nd/3rd season brilliance, that no one should worry.

I can see he is a fantastic player who hasn't fully adapted yet. He will soon enough.

Happy to see how he develops in the next 6mths. But anyone else think Cole Palmer would have done a good a job or possibly better yesterday.
I personally don't. Cold is talented and all, but he is light years away from fully grasping how aPep team plays. We just don't judge him using the standards of a senior player.

I praise Cole because of his natural skill and shooting ability.

Here are a few things I don't ever bother to consider:

How well he presses.
How well he doubles with the fullback.
His intensity levels.
His interplay in the middle phase

It doesn't matter what he does there, I'd his ball control, passing, vision and shooting are elite, he gets a 9/10 from me.

I’m firmly in the give him time camp but he was very poor yesterday. The rest of the side did every well in tight areas and the likes of Sterling and Bernado retained possession when they had 3/4 players around them, whereas jack gave it away.

Gotta give him a season and he’ll come good.

Yeah, Bernado and Sterling played good.

But TBH, one side was Kova Alonso and Sarr - all 3 not best in technic, one side was Kante AZP and Rudiger - all 3 top top world class defenders. AZP is slow now but he is still very good technically on winning the 50/50ball.

Both Bernado and Grealish have 2 bad control and 2 dispossession. (FBref data)

There are not many left wingers can operating well facing Chelsea right wing defenders. After all, we all remember what happened at CL final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.