10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has played better over the past couple of games but obviously still a long way to go. He seemed to tire today so maybe a bit lucky to play the full game.

At the moment it looks like we’ve signed a neat and tidy player rather than a match winner, and that’s what he needs to change if he’s going to be a success.

his fitness is still not up to the required levels, thats why he is constantly fading as much goes on.
50-60 minutes player.

hope he will deliver more in next few months apart from some good forward runs that dont lead to anything. the jump from Villa to City looks way bigger than he thought.

not sure tho how long we can afford someone in the front three with very low assist+goal stats.
1250 PL minutes, 2 goals, 2 assists.
and 1 goal was in the 5-0 trashing of Arsenal vs 10 men, 1 assist vs 5-0 trashing vs Norwich, both of these in 2nd and 3rd round of PL.
So since September its 1 A, 1 G for PL.

he looks miles away of grabbing games by the neck and winning it for us creating or scoring the decisive goal.

I would try him in KDB's position but pretty sure KDB prefers his position more than any of the front three role.

Reminded me of lots of Nasri's performances for us today. Lots of neat passing in close quarters, good control under pressure, occasional semi-dangerous dribbling, but ultimately didn't influence the game anywhere near as much as he should be doing

He's showing for the ball all the time and not hiding, which is good. It's just not quite clicking for him yet. Really hoping for a big match-winning moment from him soon to boost his confidence

his fitness is still not up to the required levels, thats why he is constantly fading as much goes on.
50-60 minutes player.

hope he will deliver more in next few months apart from some good forward runs that dont lead to anything. the jump from Villa to City looks way bigger than he thought.

not sure tho how long we can afford someone in the front three with very low assist+goal stats.
1250 PL minutes, 2 goals, 2 assists.
and 1 goal was in the 5-0 trashing of Arsenal vs 10 men, 1 assist vs 5-0 trashing vs Norwich, both of these in 2nd and 3rd round of PL.
So since September its 1 A, 1 G for PL.

he looks miles away of grabbing games by the neck and winning it for us creating or scoring the decisive goal.

I would try him in KDB's position but pretty sure KDB prefers his position more than any of the front three role.
Definitely not fit enough. Thought the same of Rodri in his first season.

Hard to know whether it’s because a player isn’t that kind of athlete or because it takes a number of months to get up to the level to be fit enough for Pep’s team.

Some players like Joe Cole, Özil, Nasri and many others, never get to the level of fitness many others do at this level. JCole always seemed to get subbed off early even in his prime and always looked knackered after an hour… I always used to think it took Yaya until about the start of October every season to get up to speed where others are ready after two games. Despite getting the same level of training, not all players are capable of getting to the same level of fitness (that’s why you don’t get all the field having a photo finish in the 10,000m in the Olympics).

Grealish certainly doesn’t look physically ready for this team yet (and I’m not sure what position he will end up playing long term, he’s not a false9 and there are better than him on the left). Like you say, he noticeably fades in games. Hopefully he gets there like Rodri has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.