10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Sensational in the middle of the park receiving and carrying the ball under pressure in the most congested area of the pitch. but will never be a forward player for us. he needs to take the position of gundogan in our squad and learn to play midfield in our team because his output will never be good enough for a forward player

Thought he had an ok game today.

Think he gets in the way of Foden and Cancelo on the left.

Thought Grealish had a really good game today , he took the game to S'ton in the first half and was our best player , the rest of the team stepped up 2nd half so he didnt stand out , nothing wrong with his contribution but we need him as a number ten and closer to the opposition penalty box , so he can do more damage.

Was Sensational in the middle of the park receiving and carrying the ball under pressure in the most congested area of the pitch. but will never be a forward player for us. he needs to take the position of gundogan in our squad and learn to play midfield in our team because his output will never be good enough for a forward player
He hasn't done enough to just walk up and take that position.

He hasn't done enough to just walk up and take that position.
It all depends what the club's long term plan is for him.

If Guardiola sees him as an eventual Gundogan successor - which was the info we were hearing when he signed - then he needs to spend some time in that position. Not because he's earned it, but to learn it.

I get that positional flexibility is important in our squad, so he doesn't have to play there every match. But it doesn't make sense to ask him to prove himself in one position in order to earn the chance to play in another.

He won't be the first who's had to do that, though, and I'm sure Pep knows better than I do how to get the most out of a player.

Sure it’s been said before but he’s never played LW with an inverted wing back alongside him, always has had an overlapping left footer, and then you’ve got always got another midfielder as the ‘false nine’ as in not another out and out striker in front of him.

A few games he’s been played as the false nine but it’s clear he’s having to adapt wherever he plays. He has the talent… and his stats in the team also prove it. The best manager in the world spending a British record on him and there’s people on here that know better.

I’d love him to be given a go as the #8 but do feel that could be a while… The boy will come good I’m sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.