10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s true, then he’s still got too much of that mid-table/bottom half/Championship mentality in him. It’ll be hard to shake off since he’s spent his entire career bar the last six months in mid-table/bottom half/Championship, but he needs to change that shit.

You do your talking on the pitch in a champion team. Winners work hard to set up or slot home a winner and have a sneaky glance and maybe a word with him on the way past; not drift out of the game while probably thinking “I’m going to wait for him in the tunnel” while the game is going on at 1-0 and 1-1 when we want to win the game and win the league. That’s a losers mentality that shit.

I’m all for giving him time, but if he keeps failing to influence games in anyway, then it’s going to start to grate on
other players. He’s not made one telling contribution to the team yet.
He doesn’t look like making one telling contribution to the team.

Granted he needs time to adapt, but the argument that you can’t criticise him because it took Rodri, Gundogan etc time to adapt doesn’t wash, yes they needed time to adapt, but they were showing signs and contributing. Look at Ferran Torres’s first season, much younger, new to the league and generally played out of position, struggled but was also influencing games.

We keep hearing excuses for him that we would rip the rags for. He needs a striker, well, he’s not got one, so adapt, De Bruyne has.
He needs to play centrally, he’s never done that in his career. Why would he start now at 26?
He needs a overlapping fullback. Well, he’s not got one and the left back we have is better at every aspect of the game than Grealish.

I’m happy to give him time, but my main concern is, he is currently showing next to no signs of adapting and seems technically and mentally a level below the rest and is seeing the game a level below too.

I hope i’m wrong, and hopefully one game changing contribution may be all he needs.

If that’s true, then he’s still got too much of that mid-table/bottom half/Championship mentality in him. It’ll be hard to shake off since he’s spent his entire career bar the last six months in mid-table/bottom half/Championship, but he needs to change that shit.

You do your talking on the pitch in a champion team. Winners work hard to set up or slot home a winner and have a sneaky glance and maybe a word with him on the way past; not drift out of the game while probably thinking “I’m going to wait for him in the tunnel” while the game is going on at 1-0 and 1-1 when we want to win the game and win the league. That’s a losers mentality that shit.

Oh give over.

I'm no Grealish fanboy but what's the problem with him wanting a word with that dirty **** after full time?

Do you think he should have snapped him on the pitch and risked a red or do you reckon he should only have confronted him if we won?

It's a bit of confrontation after the game, not an excuse for you to play Mindhunter.

I get that PC but in the article there is only a glancing reference to the Bedanek tackle - I can fully understand his reaction, much like the Kane one on Kev a few years back the tackle wasn't punished correctly. Those sort of tackles - full studs up 6 inches above the ankle - can be career threatening. Indeed in Kev's case it has taken him a while to get over the Kane lunge and it's no coincidence that he has had to rehabilitate his ankle since. I also don't mind Jack showing a bit of fire.

Yes he should punish teams with his ability only but that tackle - only a yellow and not even shown by our lovely media was terrible - late and dangerous so yeah I get why he would react when another player accuses him of cheating and over reacting. More than the lunge at Eric for me, Bedanek should have walked - there is a replay on twitter but I've no idea to post that on here ha!

Overall Jack is getting there and very soon will have a huge impact on some games - we mustn't buy into the social media frenzy to say he's been a bust. I like him in our team and much like Kev a proper centre forward would help by giving even more options for a forward pass.

Oh give over.

I'm no Grealish fanboy but what's the problem with him wanting a word with that dirty **** after full time?

Do you think he should have snapped him on the pitch and risked a red or do you reckon he should only have confronted him if we won?

It's a bit of confrontation after the game, not an excuse for you to play Mindhunter.
Saying he’s got a losers mentality after leaving his boyhood team and all the shit that’s come his way since was my favourite part of that post.

Replying to
@City_Xtra
and
@SkySportsPL
This fake Lincoln Burrows look alike said Jack dived
Confused face
really surprised VAR didn’t check this either, above the ankle studs up - Totally reckless and mistimed !!

11:44 PM · Jan 22, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

give over. That’s a ridiculous post. A loser mentality? He’s left his boyhood club to join us. Championship mentality? Because he might have had a word with a player in the tunnel.

I usually agree with lots of your posts, but that’s a complete over reaction and exaggeration to a nothing story

I am really struggling to like Grealish ! ( grabs my tin hat )

I know it takes most of our new signing a season to adjust to Pep, but Pep doesnt tend to play them much in that season. Grealish has played alot.

Grealish was reported to have waited in the tunnel to have a word with a saints player. Why ? Surely his main concern should have been to get into the changing room for Pep to have words. We arent a Sunday league waiting to have a fight !. As for the red card on him yesterday, yes it was a red but Jack pull your socks up and wear your shin pads were they should be on your shin lol

Like I say I struggle to see what he brings to City, to me he slows us down, falls over to easy. Look at Foden or Bernie always trying to stay on their feet. I dont see a City player in Grealish, always looks like he is running in water, seems very slow !

Hopefully next season Grealish can shove my words straight down my throat and I hope he does.

Was Sensational in the middle of the park receiving and carrying the ball under pressure in the most congested area of the pitch. but will never be a forward player for us. he needs to take the position of gundogan in our squad and learn to play midfield in our team because his output will never be good enough for a forward player
Sensational ?

ffs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.