10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep doesn't trust grealish in central midfield. Hence why he never plays him there.
He has to learn and convince he won’t concede possession before he can be trusted, but he is too weak in a forward 3 position from a goals and assist perspective. I can only see him deeper as he’ll never be prolific enough from assists and goals to be a front 3 player imho.

No I'm sorry I'm not as educated as you are obviously....but Sensational ffs
yes he was sensational at taking the ball and moving in tight spaces. I would say he is the best in our team or maybe second compared to bernardo. if you can't see that football is not a game for you I am afraid.

I get he may need to re learn much of the game to play Pepball but in that case surely £100m was significantly over priced.
Especially if this is Pep last year next season, bloody hope not

He has to learn and convince he won’t concede possession before he can be trusted, but he is too weak in a forward 3 position from a goals and assist perspective. I can only see him deeper as he’ll never be prolific enough from assists and goals to be a front 3 player imho.
exactly you need to learn before pep trust you there but I would say that is what I think grealish is doing right now. I am ceratin next season we will see him more in the midfield once we have a forward.

Don't rate him but in all fairness I have never been a fan. Will never understand this signed good player but 100 million was madness

yes he was sensational at taking the ball and moving in tight spaces. I would say he is the best in our team or maybe second compared to bernardo. if you can't see that football is not a game for you I am afraid.
Haha no problem
Can I suggest you get an early night and in the morning book an appointment at your local opticians, you have enough time to treat yourself to a pair of Sensational glasses before our next game.
Meanwhile I will find a tutor to give me some private lessons in reeding and righting......Sensational lol ffs

It feels to me that there is a section of our fanbase who simply love to moan. Gundogan, Mahrez, Rodri, Jesus, Sterling and others have all received 'the treatment' and now it is Grealish's turn, a player with just 23 appearances under his belt for us. I hope all those who are saying that 'he'll never be this', 'he's not as good as this' will be proven wrong, just as they have been with Rodri ,and just like the ones who slagged off Gundo and were then saying how the team needed him in the match thread and post match threads on Saturday. To be honest, it angers me, because he has done okay, and had a decent game, but this section of the forum seemingly want players to fail and never speak up quite as much when they go on to be successful.
Don't think anyone actually wants Jack to fail Oldius , I thought he did OK yesterday but that's about it , I for one certainly hope he improves and does the business

Also shows your lack of footballing intelligence. Mahrez being the best example of a player who was fantastic at Leicester. Very similar in he done everything there, hogged the ball, dribbled and far from a one two touch player. He came to city and flattered to deceive that first season, took time to adapt to our system and peps training which we now reap the benefits. Very much the same as Grealish whilst also baring in mind Grealish hasn’t even been playing in his position. I think we all can accept he’s not been brilliant and a price tag brings added scrutiny. To not judge him from next season considering how many players take that first season to adapt is mental.

What’s his best position? I thought he was a left sided forward who cuts in, that’s what he was a Villa & what he is here.

I think the criticism of him is fair, if we take your example of Mahrez. His first season where the common consensus is he struggled, he pretty much replicated his Leicester form. 12 goals and 12 assists in his first season with us.

So far Grealish has scored in a 5-0 win, a 6-3 win & a 7-0 win.

To even match Mahrez’s first season he needs 9 more goals and 9 more assists.

That would take him into player of the season territory for the next 4 months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.