10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the same. Torres was clearly primed to be our #9 this season but then he broke his foot, became unhappy, and ultimately got sold before we knew how he was going to perform.

Also you joined the forum in May 2021, long after people had stopped complaining about Rodri, Mahrez, Cancelo, etc.
was he primed he was benched even before his injury. The plan this season was always to go with a fake 9 most likley torres would have been a third or 4th choice in the middle

was he primed he was benched even before his injury. The plan this season was always to go with a fake 9 most likley torres would have been a third or 4th choice in the middle
He wasn't going to start every game but he was on to start 30+ games, I reckon. But obviously him breaking his foot changed things massively. Either way, can't be compared to Grealish.

He wasn't going to start every game but he was on to start 30+ games, I reckon. But obviously him breaking his foot changed things massively. Either way, can't be compared to Grealish.
Do you mean 30 league games or in all comps? no chance he starts 30 league games or anywhere near

It's undeniable that most every single non defender signed under pep has struggled for 6 months to a year. Why should Grealish be any different?

Rodri was slow.

Mahrez was FFS.

Cancelo (a defender in name only!) was a fancy dan who fell asleep defensively (yes alright i admit I was wrong!)

Im sure some people moaned about Bernardo (and those people are fucking crazy).

Torres was too slow, couldn't beat his man etc.

I think he (Grealish) wants to play quicker and is not able to...maybe because he's told to, maybe he turns back because we don't have anyone in the box when he drives forward (this is not an indictment on our overall play style before someone starts spouting shit about us being top goalscorers etc).

Anyway, based on nearly 5 years of evidence of Pep in charge it would be foolish to right him off now.

It's undeniable that most every single non defender signed under pep has struggled for 6 months to a year. Why should Grealish be any different?

Rodri was slow.

Mahrez was FFS.

Cancelo (a defender in name only!) was a fancy dan who fell asleep defensively (yes alright i admit I was wrong!)

Im sure some people moaned about Bernardo (and those people are fucking crazy).

Torres was too slow, couldn't beat his man etc.

I think he (Grealish) wants to play quicker and is not able to...maybe because he's told to, maybe he turns back because we don't have anyone in the box when he drives forward (this is not an indictment on our overall play style before someone starts spouting shit about us being top goalscorers etc).

Anyway, based on nearly 5 years of evidence of Pep in charge it would be foolish to right him off now.
This. I feel like the people who call those comparisons lazy have bad memories on how much shit those players got. It wouldnt surprise me if he gets a position change of some kind next season, like bernardo and he starts tearing it up or it all finally clicks out wide like it did with mahrez.

A few weeks ago Pep said Grealish had played very good.

Now Pep said Grealish:
“The best game he has played since he has been with us, by far," he said. "This was an exceptional performance. He played really, really well. I’m talking about when he has the ball, what he has to do. In a team that is so tight, they defend so narrow, it is not easy. He played exceptionally."

Then I go here and most of comments in the last few days are still arguing about how bad he is. Either Pep or us just talk shit, I guess.

A few weeks ago Pep said Grealish had played very good.

Now Pep said Grealish:
“The best game he has played since he has been with us, by far," he said. "This was an exceptional performance. He played really, really well. I’m talking about when he has the ball, what he has to do. In a team that is so tight, they defend so narrow, it is not easy. He played exceptionally."

Then I go here and most of comments in the last few days are still arguing about how bad he is. Either Pep or us just talk shit, I guess.
I think we all know Pep was talking shit. He also said after the match it was our best performance of the season.

Pep loves his mind games and was trying to get something more from Jack.

I'll be honest I was disappointed to see the Instagram post from him yesterday where he looked drunk, he should nuckle down

I hope his bad character traits don't rub off on Phil who does appear to be easily influenced at times

More than you would believe

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.