10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have been famous and rich and unquestioningly loved at Villa. Could have committed his entire career to them, to moving them up towards the top half of the PL. Win a cup one year, sneak into Europe another...they'd be carving the statue and naming a stand after him before he retired. He was adored, idolised and protected. He was their highest paid player and they'd have paid him more to keep him.

He came to City to push himself, to work with the best manager in the world, to play with some of the best players, and to win stuff.

Don't let the fact he's got a funny hairdo and does a bit of modelling make you think he's not serious about football.
He wouldn't have had the marketing exposure he has here that he had at Villa.

It's not the hair or the modeling I have no issue with that at all, What I have an issue with are the stories that came out about him showing up to training hungover, or the fact that only a few nights ago he was up till 3 AM watching a boxing fight before a massive game mid week posting about it on his IG story, and it should be noted this isn't the first time we have read about his antics off the pitch.

I'm not advocating selling him but at the same time, He needs to decide whether he is more interested in the lifestyle or whether he wants to buckle down fight for a place and win.

Actually the 2nd goal was Gundo's problem. He should step out as the left midfielder. He was slow. Grealish could not defend 2 at the same time.

But funnily someone here blamed Grealish LOL.

You’re wonderful with your analysis. But the second goal is made possible by a tame effort at a block. Keane would slaughter him for it.

Fine line between becoming a hero or villan. Fingers crossed he will help us lift the Premier League.

Last edited:
He wouldn't have had the marketing exposure he has here that he had at Villa.

It's not the hair or the modeling I have no issue with that at all, What I have an issue with are the stories that came out about him showing up to training hungover, or the fact that only a few nights ago he was up till 3 AM watching a boxing fight before a massive game mid week posting about it on his IG story, and it should be noted this isn't the first time we have read about his antics off the pitch.

I'm not advocating selling him but at the same time, He needs to decide whether he is more interested in the lifestyle or whether he wants to buckle down fight for a place and win.

Turning up to training hungover happened once as far as we know, Pep dealt with it and we haven't heard about it happening again since. Are you still holding the same situation against Phil?

As for being up late one night last week, are you annoyed that he did it or annoyed that he posted about it? Cause I saw him post about having a night in with his dog, eating pizza and watching the boxing, and I thought good for him, if he'd dared to go out anywhere then people would be crucifying him for it (as with that time he went out for dinner with Walker and Mahrez and Pep had to defend them because the press made it seem like a big deal).

Most of our players don't share that information about their lives, but I seriously doubt he's the only one who has the occasional late night.

As for marketing exposure, that's not a one-way street, and he does a little something for us in that regard too.

Last edited:
Turning up to training hungover happened once as far as we know, Pep dealt with it and we haven't heard about it happening again since. Are you still holding the same situation against Phil?

As for being up late one night last week, are you annoyed that he did it or annoyed that he posted about it? Cause I saw him post about having a night in with his dog, eating pizza and watching the boxing, and I thought good for him, if he'd dared to go out anywhere then people would be crucifying him for it (as with that time he went out for dinner with Walker and Mahrez and Pep had to defend them because the press made it seem like a big deal).

Most of our players don't share that information about their lives, but I seriously doubt he's the only one who has the occasional late night.
To answer your question yes, I held that against Phil until he got back into the team and back into form, as for the post, I have no issue that he posted it, I have an issue with the fact that he did it, I have no issue with the dog video with the Pizza that is perfectly fine and funny, my issue was that he seemed to be awake way past the norm when you are in early may with neither major trophy secure.

Had this been a situation where we had been facing Villareal and we had been 5-0 up in the first leg away and we needed one win from 4 games to win the title, I would think much differently. The reality is habits build character, and there seems to be a pattern here of a general nonchalance as opposed to being focused on the task at hand, I understand players have lives and I have no issue had he gone out for a dinner at 8-9 Pm at night and kicked back for a few hours, but being awake till almost dawn, that's a bit over the top.

Goal line clearance then a very good save stopped him wrapping the game up. His workrate and defending needs massive Improvement if he's going to be a success here, shades of Sane in that respect.

Thought he was fantastic when he came on. Those chances were created from absolutely nothing. If we had someone more aware in the centre for the first chance, it would have been tucked away. Unfortunately, we don't have that yet.

Courtois pulled off a brilliant save for the second one, so I don't understand the criticism.

I liked what I saw there and think it is a good outlook for next season. I am convinced he will work well with Haaland, if we sign him.

In the end, it was the lack of composure at the back that messed us up. Why Cancelo didn't just smash the ball up the pitch before their first goal is beyond me. Those type of things are real reason we lost.
Tbh those chances came because Madrid went gung ho trying to equalise, he had a lot of space.

The amount of discourse surrounding him is just ridiculous and pointless at this stage honestly, proper weird for some people to moan about him of all players after what happened in that game

No idea why he was even on the pitch, surely no one believed he'd actually do something for the first time all season? About as useful protecting the lead as you'd expect him to be as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.