10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point,but i think Watkins will give Dinho a torrid time.
Agree he is a very mobile player and will be a danger. To be honest I thought playing out from CB on Sunday was painfully stagnant and neither player looked near match fit and it gave West Ham time to organise defense faster than most opponents would usually get against us. Hopefully a week's rest and some medical genius will smarten things up for Sunday.

I would say to not start Grealish. Villa knows him way too well - perhaps better than us!

However I know it is still a great chance he starts.

But if Sterling/Mahrez/Jesus/Gundo are leaving and if any of them reach an agreement with other clubs within this week - it is likely their agents and our management will ask Pep to save them from physical Villa team if possible to avoid incidents like Sane. Then Grealish perhaps starts. Let's see.
Pep will put out what he thinks is the best team to get the 3 points, whether they are half fit or carrying a contract with another club in their hands. Losing this game would cost us far more than a drop in value of any player, I think if there was even a hint of interference in Pep's decisions he would be the one not appearing on Sunday.

Agreed. Villa know their former main man too well, they would easily nullify him. Already we are thin at the back, we don't need to weaken our attack by playing him only to our demise. This is a must win, not draw but a must win, this is crunch time, this is were city must pull out all the stops, heavy artillery is needed for this match, not a Grealish-Villa Reunion. Steven Gerrard would wanna do a solid for his former team and hand them the title, so we do not need any more liabilities on top of the issues we already have at the back.
Doesn't matter what Villa think they know, we have 11 players they will need to know, not to mention he knows more about most of their players than any other City player. If Pep thinks he's the man for the job, what Villa think won't be an issue.

But if Sterling/Mahrez/Jesus/Gundo are leaving and if any of them reach an agreement with other clubs within this week - it is likely their agents and our management will ask Pep to save them from physical Villa team if possible to avoid incidents like Sane. Then Grealish perhaps starts. Let's see.
I doubt pep cares about that. He will play the best team that he thinks will win us the title he isn't under any other obligations

No maybes!
Get that but maybe he would be a major distraction for some of their players and that will leave space and time for Phil, Kev, Bernardo to exploit. He seems to have a big personality so I don't think it will be an emotional issue - having said that I recall Gareth Baz having poor games against Villa on a regular basis which was very unlike him.

It is a must win. Up top we have better players than Grealish. Let's stop with the fuckery, the maybes and the he may distract them and all the theories that we wanna churn out to justify him playing on the last day, we can't afford to test on our last match. Liverpool isn't letting their foot off the gas, so neither should we. I don't want to see a Liverpool Quadruple!

The Madrid game, did a number on me, so I don't wanna see any fuckery or foolery or any experiments from Pep!
I want us to go for the jugular, I want the ruthless mancity and for me playing Grealish is too much fuckery for my taste!

I want city to score goals thick and fast. I don't want to see us dominate the game without no goals and then suddenly Villa with their first shot on target, becomes a goal, second shot, another goal.

City players play Beautiful, dominating football, suffocating their opponents to death and I want the scoreline to reflect it on Sunday. I want those players to lift up that trophy come Sunday. So up top, I want killers, ruthless mercenaries, Grealish isn't that!

Grealish's former team mates might know him but Gerrard wasn't in charge when he was at Villa. If Pep thinks he is up to the task he will play.

Doesn't matter what Villa think they know, we have 11 players they will need to know, not to mention he knows more about most of their players than any other City player. If Pep thinks he's the man for the job, what Villa think won't be an issue.
Maybe you aren't aware that Grealish isn't having his best season. Whatever the justification, whether it's his first year, new system, new team or whatever, at the end his not that threatening up-top and I assure, Villa players know that!

Now why play him, when you can play Phil who can command the game and have more influence on it than Grealish could ever do? Phil who can tear up their defense, a serious threat, to score or assist!

This is the last day, at the end of the day Pep will do whatever Pep wants to do and we all know he has done some questionable decisions that has cost us at times.

I am a Pep fan, wouldn't trade him for any manage, but I don't want us to lose that title by him doing those questionable decisions on the last day. I don't want to lose the title like this, it would certainly not sit well with any of us!

Grealish's former team mates might know him but Gerrard wasn't in charge when he was at Villa. If Pep thinks he is up to the task he will play.
I am sure Gerrard is updated on him. Watched the tapes and spoke to the players, watching him trying to adapt at city and not really making much of an impact, so I am sure he knows what he will be dealing with when it comes to Grealish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.