10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having Haaland join is going to be massive for Jack in particular.

1. He'll finish off most of the chances Jack creates which will be great for Jack's confidence
2. He'll take most of the media attention which I also think will be good for Jack

The problem is we’ve been fed 20 years of boring cunts like Scholes, Owen, shearer, beckham etc and hence the tabloids are haves field day.
Beckham was far from a boring ****, quite the opposite, liked a good drink and lot's of chicks, he was just very discrete and had good lawyers.

Having Haaland join is going to be massive for Jack in particular.

1. He'll finish off most of the chances Jack creates which will be great for Jack's confidence
2. He'll take most of the media attention which I also think will be good for Jack
As long as they do it on the pitch all will be good, big season for Grealish, very big.

Reactions: JDV
Jack's always had a heart of gold, right back from his earliest days as a player.

A lot of the stuff he does for individuals doesn't make the news - he doesn't publicise it so it's only in the papers if the family wants it to be. But in a local community, people talk about their experiences, and over his years at Villa it became hard to speak to any local who hadn't heard dozens of the same sorts of stories.

Most footballers do charity stuff, and it doesn't get as much publicity as it should. But Jack's a player who goes above and beyond.

Most players will, if asked, turn up at your sick kid's bedside, chat with the family, have a hug and a picture. Some of them will stay longer than they're supposed to and end up playing video games or whatever with the kid. And all that is really important and lovely and makes a real difference to suffering families.

But Jack...he won't just do that stuff. He'll also call you up a week later to check how the kid and the family are doing, to offer whatever help you need, to request an address so he can send signed shirts and other merch, to offer to host the family at the stadium when the kid's well enough, to ask when can he visit again.

And he sends the stuff, and turns up again, usually with some of his relatives, and he becomes your family's friend and keeps in touch and he's your contact at the club who will sort you out with whatever you need for a match day (or even just whatever you need generally...he'll donate thousands to your crowdfunder, he'll introduce your other kid to THEIR favourite footballer...one of the stories that made the papers a few years back was a guy he'd met as a sick kid messaged him asking for help finding where he could buy a new PlayStation as they were sold out everywhere he looked, then Jack turned up on his doorstep a few days later having bought the console for him).

And then years later when your kid's recovered from their illness, Jack's still dropping the family messages from time to time, interacting with the kid on social media, always available if you ever need him...

He likes a drink. Loves a party. Fond of the women. Probably should restrain himself a little on all three as they're the things that tend to get him into trouble - and he has had troubles, and done stupid things.

But the good outweighs the bad by a considerable distance.
Enjoyed reading this and heartened by Jack’s actions. We know City do due diligence before they sign a player and I feel sure they did before they spent a reported £100m. In fairness Jack has always liked a blow out it’s no secret with plenty of pictures and videos on social media and as such I’ve always been confident City did not walk into this blindly. Clearly the good outweighs the bad.
If Pep & the club have an issue with his Vegas jaunt they will let him know just as his missus will if she has a problem with it and frankly it’s not of our business. Perhaps there is an argument we should not even know about it but that’s the good fish bowl effect of being the most expensive British footballer & in fairness he is not shy of the attention and benefits that come with it.
Bottom line we just want him fit & firing for next season when hopefully we’ll see him doing what he does best in just his second season as a City player and already a premier league winner which I believe will lift some weight of his shoulders and allow him to kick on.
Hopefully Haalands arrival will also take some of the media interest off Jack and the vultures can move to another tree.

Yeah, hopefully plays with a bit more freedom, could be a very big season for him.
He just needs to get his head down and play football, cut out all the sh1t off the pitch, if not he will be gone next summer.

I still have major doubts about him, I am not convinced in 6 weeks time he will suddenly become the second coming a lot of people on here seem to think he will.

He is amazing..great lad

Nice to see fans defending Jack in the media, from a United fan nonetheless. Saw the viral video too, delightfully heartwarming.

Jack really come across as a genuine and nice lad, despite what the papers print. Personally, couldn't care less what he does on his holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.