10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its amazing how many fans, and worryingly city fans on here, continuously quote “he’s not worth £100m”. £100m was his release clause, not his worth. Its what we HAD to pay to get him

Prick that sits near me continuously quotes the £100m figure whilst throwing in ,”for £100m he should be dribbling past 4 players and bagging. Should be scoring 25 goals a season”.

Its fucking painful to listen to it
Totally agree.

The days when 100m got u super star have gone.

Look at how much Man UTD and Chelsea paid for avg center backs!

Yeah I agree with you on that. Whilst I'm unconvinced that Grealish is good enough for us and we probably paid double what he's worth, it's not his fault we paid that much for him and it's unfair to have unrealistic expectations of him based on a fee that he had no control over.
So do you think it was a good decision to pay that amount for him or not ?

Its amazing how many fans, and worryingly city fans on here, continuously quote “he’s not worth £100m”. £100m was his release clause, not his worth. Its what we HAD to pay to get him

Prick that sits near me continuously quotes the £100m figure whilst throwing in ,”for £100m he should be dribbling past 4 players and bagging. Should be scoring 25 goals a season”.

Agreed. He's not Roy fucking Race but seems he's expected to be by the 100m stick brigade. Personally I couldnt give a flying fuck what he cost as long as the team continues to win. The minute we stop being a team, we and become a collection of individuals like a shower not too far down the road, we'll be fucked and someone else will step up and be top dog. Hopefully this doesnt happen for a long time.

I don't know, I mean we laughed at the rags for what they paid for Sancho, so...you know, I really don't know but I guess that's just me.

To play Devils Advocate, ignore the fee, which Jack had no influence over. Should fans be right in expecting more from one of our top earners? Ignore the fee, he’s our third highest earner, so, it’s fair to suggest he should be somewhere close to our third highest performer. I’m not sure many would say he’s our 3rd highest performer.

To play Devils Advocate, ignore the fee, which Jack had no influence over. Should fans be right in expecting more from one of our top earners? Ignore the fee, he’s our third highest earner, so, it’s fair to suggest he should be somewhere close to our third highest performer. I’m not sure many would say he’s our 3rd highest performer.
But the fee influences the salary, surely? If I'm an agent and a club is willing to break the British transfer fee for my player, I'm damn sure he's going to be making towards the top end of their pay structure

But the fee influences the salary, surely? If I'm an agent and a club is willing to break the British transfer fee for my player, I'm damn sure he's going to be making towards the top end of their pay structure

Kind of my point, fans are right to expect elite performances week in week out when a player demands such wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.