10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did well today. He’s still learning is defensive game & he constantly tracked back as cancello won’t stay back. This stops him from taking players on as he knows cancello won’t be in position

A solid 7/10 for me

The problem with grealish for me is purely his end product and ability to beat a man out wide. I think it's clear to all that his ball retention and understanding of how city play is there. But his 1v1 play down the wing and his inability to get goals and assists is something that needs to improve drastically. It's not enough for an attacker of his price to do what he did last season and most of today. I really do like the guy and I'm desperate for him to hit the ground running this season but goal contributions are a must.

He had a good performance and probably should have an assist with Haaland's poor header.

Solid game, both wingers played almost like wingbacks as we reverted back to the wide wingers and 2 10s system.

I don't know how well the wide winger system will suit him in the future, perhaps in this system playing as a 10 is better for him, but he did good. Room for improvement of course.

I thought he had a good game today again. I find it irritating that blues parrot the clearly biased opinions of the commentators who are desperate for such a big money signing to fail. He was just as good in the first half as the second, stretching west ham, probing, pulling defenders out of position and keeping possession brilliantly.

I think when ratboy accused him of being sloppy and suggested pep would be admonishing him at HT the possession stats were 84/16 in our favour - so not that sloppy then.

More of the same please Jack.

Ratboy is a sly ****. Some people get taken in by him when he says a few nice things about City but he gets plenty of sly digs in too. He also just makes up blatant bullshit to fit in with his narrative. He's a rat faced bastard!

I think it's obvious he is not worth 100m, and what's done is done. The quicker we as fans accept that, the less stupid fights and bickering around him. Now the important thing is he keeps improving and adds more directness to some of his attacks. I thought he played really well, and he is really good to keep possession

I think it's obvious he is not worth 100m, and what's done is done. The quicker we as fans accept that, the less stupid fights and bickering around him. Now the important thing is he keeps improving and adds more directness to some of his attacks. I thought he played really well, and he is really good to keep possession
I think we need to let go of the price.

He was 100m because he had the release clause.

If he didn't have the release clause, Villa wouldn't have agreed to sell (because he wouldn't have downed tools or submitted a transfer request or done anything else to force their hand because of his lifelong relationship with them).

If the release clause hadn't been a figure that meant a significant windfall for Villa, they never would have allowed it into his contract.

Pep wanted him and the whole thing got sorted like gentlemen (except for the fan drama) because he had a contract that meant Pep got the player he wanted, Villa got the money they wanted, and Jack got the move he wanted. The transfer was smooth and easy because of the clause, and the clause only existed because it set his price at an amount Villa thought would soften the blow with their fans and pay for the transfer/s that would replace him.

It may not be his market value but it was the amount it took to get it done, and the club wanted him enough (and saw something in him that they didn't think they could get elsewhere at a lower price) and were willing to pay it to get it done.

We need to judge what he's doing against what we need him to do, not against the idea we have in our heads of what a 100m player should be.

I thought he did well today. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.