10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
First half (I think) he turned a player, pinged the ball forward and put the afterburners on ala Walker and roasted his marker. I think his speed shocked even Grealish himself because when he had daylight in front of him, the hammers penalty area looming and some options opening up he just didn't know what to do, still being amazed at how fast he'd just run.

Very good performance but still playing so within himself.

I am far from his greatest fan but his has so much more to offer than we see, I would love to see him take more risk , take on his man but it's always the easy option.

Not his greatest fan? I never would have guessed.

Ever think he is doing exactly what Pep wants? The system worked very well yesterday and Jack, like everyone else contributed.

Forget his fee, forget how he played at Villa, this is Pep Guardiola's Manchester City and Jack Grealish is an important member of the squad. Team comes before individuals.

First half (I think) he turned a player, pinged the ball forward and put the afterburners on ala Walker and roasted his marker. I think his speed shocked even Grealish himself because when he had daylight in front of him, the hammers penalty area looming and some options opening up he just didn't know what to do, still being amazed at how fast he'd just run.
I saw it. Not sure he was surprised by his own pace, rather caught in two minds what to do.

None of our players were up with him for a cross into the middle, and their defenders were getting back. Whereas with Villa he might have cut in, had a shot from outside the box, I think with us he's more aware of giving the ball away at that stage and us getting hit on the transition. So he dawdled a bit and it came to nothing.

He does have decent pace. Like Walker (but not to the same extent because Walker is a total anomaly) it's a pace that comes from strength. But he has to be clever about when he uses it, he can't bomb up and down the pitch for 90 mins because of the energy it takes to get them big legs going.

Just needs to coordinate his bursts forward with the rest of the team.

I thought he played well. Kept the ball very well when he was being pressured before he played the out ball to Rodri who then played it Kev and the rest is history.

Great first touch, kept the ball well. One or two of his crosses were off but he found his man for most of his game.

I believe that if one simply accepts that he’s not the ‘atypical’ winger, it’ll be easier to appreciate his game. Also, forget the 100M as it’s not exactly his fault that was his release clause amount.

I personally like his weight of pass. For the most part, it’s just right. If he played in the middle, he’d surprise the few that don’t believe he can play there. Could’ve had an assist if Haaland’s header had gone in.

As long he dons sky blue, I’ll keep wishing for him to do well. Early days yet but I’m sure there’s more to come.

Last edited:

Ever think he is doing exactly what Pep wants? The system worked very well yesterday and Jack, like everyone else contributed.

Forget his fee, forget how he played at Villa, this is Pep Guardiola's Manchester City and Jack Grealish is an important member of the squad. Team comes before individuals.
We should call the police on @Keeper!

He may well be doing what he is told but to me he is playing far too much in himself, he has a lot more to offer.

Its mind blowing that people are refusing to see that.

The Grealish we saw at Villa is no more,he is learning the discipline and measured approach of a Pep team.

He may well be doing what he is told but to me he is playing far too much in himself, he has a lot more to offer.
There is an element of that,for sure.But that will come with understanding and confidence.

As above though,the maverick has gone.

I agree with you 100%. The problem is that if he does go 'full Jack' at some point, we may find he has the same, ultimately negative, impact that Rodney Marsh had in the 70s.

Jack's learning how to play for Pep Guardiola. He'll have his moments, but I doubt we'll see him overdoing the flashy bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.