10 men, we've only got 10 men

davymcfc said:
MCFC BOB said:
davymcfc said:
The best comeback of all time.
I'm sure the Liverpool fans that were there in Istanbul would disagree.
I'm sure they would. That will go down in history as more important. However we were down to ten men, we had Anelka go off injured in the first half and let's not forget how cripplingly shit we were back then. Was an incredible achievement to win that match. I won't what odds you would have got at half time.
7Jtkj.jpg

I was in Australia and got a text at half time from a friend (BW Supporter) that we were down 3-0 and thought oh well, never mind. Then at full time another Spurs 3 City 4 YES CITY FOUR. Kept that text until 2006 when I got a new phone!!

The people on the Main Street in Alice Springs must have wondered why I punched the air and walked around with a big grin!!

And who was the Spuds Manager that day, albeit temporary...?

Yes, the one and only David Pleat.

He wasn't skipping onto the pitch that night was he?

Was in Soldeu watching that game. Found a bar that was showing it and when we got there it was rammed 50/50 with city/spurs fans. Took a lot of stick during the first half from the spurs fans and nearly left at half time when Barton got sent off for being a gobshite. Only stayed cos the wife still had a full drink left.There was one particular spurs fan that thought it was funny to run up to the nearest city fan and scream yeeeeeeessssssss in his face every time they scored in the first half. He had to get bundled out of the bar by his mates when our fourth goal went in and one of the city lads did the same to him. Some people just don't have any sense of humour !! Still chuckle about it to this day...... he completley lost the plot.

citytill1die84 said:
Got sacked from my job the night of this game because I pulled a sickie :)

-- Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:06 pm --

Manchestercitychorlton said:
Pretty sure I've still got this on vcr somewhere in the house.

I've got the DVD but its not Grey,Tyler commentry :(

Haha. I got a bollocking from my boss as I was on nights and came in late as I couldnt pull myself away from the game.

didn't we have a knack of going down to 10 and winning with kevin keegan

we did it at home to norwich and also think we did it again that season

also remember that goal Eyal Berkovic
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dNI2-W2dc8&feature=related[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.