10% of Rags want City to win the derby

Wilf Wild 1937

I've just been over to Red Café and they unbelievably are running a poll on who they want to win tomorrow.
A lot of them are so obsessed by Liverpool and the 20 title thing that they are quite happy for us to win the title,
although they'd prefer Chelsea. I thought this deserved a thread of it's own. Personally I could never ever imagine
any circumstances when I'd want City to lose a derby. I'd be interested in others thoughts.

about 20 years we beat leeds 4-0 at maine rd
none off us knew what to do as from the look off it we had given the rags the pot!!!
but as we all hate leeds and leeds the rags fucked it up anyway!!
but never ever ever will i wish to lost to them!!!

Pigeonho said:
That's just what that forum says though. Like this one of ours, it represents a small minority of fans, and from what people on here who go on there have said, it's the none match going ones who post on there. Not that any of it matters either way.

I think you are right about the non match going fans thing.
They were arguing about whether it was right to "get behind" the team the other day.
Some were slagging off the "match going fans" for not booing and said that the minority who were "match going fans"
didn't really represent their "true" support. I must admit that comment made me laugh!

Remember the Leeds game and there were a lot of City fans who said that so long as we beat/draw to scum in the next game we should stuff Leeds which we did. Then of course of popped Keith Curle after Pointon tried toend Giggsy Wiggsy's career. Let's hope scum's players feel the same and ease off a bit.

You only have to listen to their songs to find out who they really hate the most. Leeds, yeah they have two or three songs about them...Liverpool, yeah they have four or five songs about them...City, well, they have about two dozen songs about us! That says it all for me. If any of them start saying it isn't us then they're talking shit. They are obsessed with us. They even were when they were at their height and we were at our lowest depths.

Any of you know any proper Rags? I know a few, not many, but they openly say they hate City more than anyone (i have one uncle on each side of the family, there's a father and son from round my way and an old pal of me Grandad's - all of them say the same thing!).

I've always thought it would have been more of an Irish thing for United fans to hate Liverpool the most. They're like local rivals over there, there's that many of them glory hunting both clubs from there. It was never even a rivalry in this country until Liverpool started winning European Cups in the 1970s and the Rags started getting jealous as Liverpool became the club leaving United behind (as a few others did too). They can pretend otherwise, but it just wasn't. Chelsea-Leeds was a rivalry before United-Liverpool was. And sure, it is a big rivalry now, but i reckon it's souped up by the media who try and make it akin to Barcelona-RealMadrid as the two most successful clubs here. But when you actually speak to Mancunian Rags and listen to the songs they sing at Old Trafford, I always get the impression it's City they hate the most.

If i'm mistaken then they're doing a fucking shit job of not hating us the most...as i say, they're fucking obsessed with us!

"They say that Old Trafford's a wonderful place
but the songs that they sing are a fucking disgrace
With full backs and half backs and forwards too
with their hands down their shorts they've got fuck all to do
The Stretford End sing and the Stretford End shout
the songs that they sing they know fuck all about
So we all agree where those bastards should be
shovelling shit on the Isle of Capri
Of Capri of Capri
shovwelling shit on the Isle of Capri"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.